Thread: New Role in Nursing

Red face New Role in Nursing

After twenty four years as a Nursing Supervisor , I have been given the oppurtunity to develop the Nursing Orientation program at our hospital. The positon of a Nurse Educator has been developed and I was appointed to take on this role. I do enjoy the challenge and I am in the process of developing a ten week orientation for our new graduates. If there are any great web sites to help in this endeavor, please let me know. I do have everyone in our hospital ready to share their knowledge to make their transition a great experience.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Role in Nursing

For ICU &/or ER nurses, there is an excellent on-line orientation program available through ACCN (Association of Critical Care Nurses)- it's called ECCO (Essentials of Critical Care Orientation). I took it when I switched from peds to ER, and found it to be very helpful.

Re: New Role in Nursing

Hi LaDel and welcome to the forum......If I was in your position I would contact other nurse educators in your corporation and get their input.....no sense reinventing the wheel.......If you are a stand-a-lone hospital and you have no resources to access then the web is a good place to go.....if you have trouble finding what you need private message me......maybe I can help.......:luck: