Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Quote Originally Posted by Glorificous View Post
    I, too, was duped! The textbooks are horribly written! I want to edit them and send them back. They do nothing for you. I wish I had just gone through Excelsior directly. I have not had trouble with the exams, but only because I bought other textbooks. The practice tests are also not a reflection of what to expect from Excelsior exams. The program seems geared towards cranking out nurses who have memorized the least amount of information possible to squeak by. They should be producing nurses who can solve problems, think on their feet, and do the job well, NOT just producing people who can pass exams.
    Glorificous,

I am sorry you feel the materials are insufficient. They have been reviewed by a psychomatrician at Excelsior College and have been deemed sound. We also speak to people everyday who use our materials to pass the exams.

Please feel free to contact Academic Support and ask for me if I can be of any assistance.

Sincerely,
    Rick

I agree. Everyone who hasn't already been ripped off, needs to avoid The College Network. Rick, I see you post all over the web defending The College Network, how do you sleep at night. I know so many people and have read about many, who are left with a huge debt and nothing to show for it. If you decide to drop out of college, you are not left with the remainder of a 2 or 4 year degree to pay for.You pay for the semester you signed up for. So, why is it when you sign up with The College Network, you pay over $6000 for a few lame binders that have junk info and that's all you get. It should be against the law and I hope someday this type of business is no longer around.

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by marysmith View Post
    I agree. Everyone who hasn't already been ripped off, needs to avoid The College Network. Rick, I see you post all over the web defending The College Network, how do you sleep at night. I know so many people and have read about many, who are left with a huge debt and nothing to show for it. If you decide to drop out of college, you are not left with the remainder of a 2 or 4 year degree to pay for.You pay for the semester you signed up for. So, why is it when you sign up with The College Network, you pay over $6000 for a few lame binders that have junk info and that's all you get. It should be against the law and I hope someday this type of business is no longer around.

People pay $6000 for The College Network "study guides," and then have to pay school tuition too? Back when I went to Regent's College, I paid LESS than $6000 for the entire A.A.S. degree- no outside help was necessary.

R

Go to the toolbar at the top of this page on this site and click on "degree info", The College Network's page comes up. No wonder the admin folks are so defensive of the bums. I am appalled.

Hi, I'm a paramedic in NYC and I have been with The College Network to do my RN. Here is my evaluation of them to date. A few of my colleagues at work and a few nurses I know have never reported to me any dissatisfaction with The College Network or Excelsior. I do find that the material that they give you to study for your elective courses, donot prepare you adequately enough to pass. For example I had to take the Sociology component and passing is a 50 and I scored a 54. I studied the material vigorously and content that I had expected to be on the exam was not there, which was very dissappointing. As far as the Nursing component goes, I just started my first book, and its it very informative. However, being that it is the first one, I was expecting to be introduced in to the history and formation of nursing etc. I browsed through the book and the material doesnot appear to be difficult as I am already a paramedic, so essentially to me it is like taking an advanced refresher course. I will keep posting my opinions of the components and literature from time to time. Good Luck to everyone.

Follow up post, I have completed my first book of Nursing, Health Safety. The book is very informative, clear cut and precise. However, there are some terms that has to be researched, as you would expect with any material being studied. Getting ready to take the exam within the next 2 weeks.

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by pmedic2rn View Post
    Follow up post, I have completed my first book of Nursing, Health Safety. The book is very informative, clear cut and precise. However, there are some terms that has to be researched, as you would expect with any material being studied. Getting ready to take the exam within the next 2 weeks.

Good luck! Are you taking the computerized exams or paper?

R

Hi, I am taking the computerized exams at my local Pearson VUE center.

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by pmedic2rn View Post
    Hi, I am taking the computerized exams at my local Pearson VUE center.

Let us know how you made out.

Good luck, again!

R

Ok, you asked and here it is. My objective opinion/review of The College Network. The College Netowkr and its study material is horrible, disgusting, undesirable and inexplicable. I feel like I have been conned. I studied for an exam, which is Nursing: Health Safety and I failed the exam. Now, I'm a pretty smart person and I dont believe in failing exams and have past numerous exams before. The college network makes up their own material, which is not approved by Excelsior college (After seeing my grade, I went postal) evidenced by my lengthy phone call to Excelsior College. Excelsior told me that I shouldnot use The College Networks material and that I should use their recommended literature for any of their exams. Thats my new game plan, I have ordered about $600 of books from Excelsior. When I was taking the exam, I was being asked material that I had never seen before a day in my life. Excelsior, was empathetic with me and explained that this is happening frequently and that I am not to be blamed but it was rather my lack of proper knowledge due to studying the inappropriate material provided by The college network. And to reiterate: EXCELSIOR COLLEGE HOLDS NO AFFILIATION WITH THE COLLEGE NETWORK. THE COLLEGE NETWORK ONLY SERVES AS AN INTERMEDIARY AND IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO, MERGED WITH, AFFILIATED WITH EXCELSIOR COLLEGE. Therefore any literature that is provided by The college network to study for any Excelsior College exam is faulty and to be used at the consumers'/subscribers' own risk and is NOT, I repeat not supported/endorsed or approved of by Excelsior College. Now that I've been subjective, its time to be objective. Yes the college network is a load of horse maneur but going to a community or private college and paying out of pocket is twice as much if not more expensive. I am seeking some legal recourse in cancelling my contract with The college network, if unsuccessful I will sell their questionable literature on eBay.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast