Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Facebook User

Re: Avoid the College Network!

thanks for your reply, i didn't enroll excelsior yet, but i will, the thing is if I canceled my college network program because their policy you wouldn't get your money after three days so let's see how it's work anyway i will keep update and thank you again for your reply

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by nidhin View Post
    thanks for your reply, i didn't enroll excelsior yet, but i will, the thing is if I canceled my college network program because their policy you wouldn't get your money after three days so let's see how it's work anyway i will keep update and thank you again for your reply

I look foreward to the updates.

Good Luck,

R

Hi Nidhin:
    It's better do your RN by LVN to RN rout form your local college since It's cheaper and more "REAL". But since you are trapped with the College Network, good luck with your study.

Facebook User

thanks yup i know they got me and i will do my best let's see what will happen and thanks for your reply

Hmmmm, makes you wonder how many other people have been sucked into their trap. Would be interesting to see what the Better Business Bureau and others have to say about them.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com

Ricu

Excellent point!

Nobody here has has ever reported checking with the Better Business Bureau. You know, I've been watching this thread about The College Network for a long time and read many posts written by very unhappy people. In fact, there have at best, been indifferent but never positive comments about the company.

I will look into what the Better Business Bureau has to say about TCN and share what I find.

Rick, are you still out there? We haven't heard from you in awhile.

R

Wink Re: Avoid the College Network!

I have read positive comments on another nursing site. However, I believe that most of the positive comments are written by people that are not going to admit that they paid several thousand dollars for nothing useful.

Ricu

Well, here I am, back with news. The Better Business Bureau currently has TCN listed with an A rating. Yeah, I was surprised, too.

I skimmed through the rating system which is a little lengthy but in effect, a company receives an A+ until proven otherwise. This means that as legitimate negative feedback is posted and the company doesn't follow through to satisfaction according to their own policies, their rating slips. Of course, this is a volume based system so in this case, it is possible that many complaints haven't been filed. One can view complaints on the BBB website and from what I saw, the infractions listed are consistent with those seen here in this thread

So, the take home message is this. When dealing with a company, REALLY read and understand contractural agreements before committing. If you have a complaint, make sure it is legitimate then according to their policy, file it in a timely fashion. Follow up in a timely fashion BUT allow a reasonable time for the company to effect a resolution. If that resolution is according to THEIR policy, you must accept- like it or not. See "fine print."

As an aside, If you deal with a company and things start goung south, start keeping a journal of all interaction with the company. When you make an entry, record date, time and name of individual with whom you speak and a summary of the conversation. Be especially sure to note what promises are made and what the expected timeframe is. This way you have all your ducks in a row if you have to get rough.

Finally, if the company doesn't meet their obligations, file a complaint with the BBB.

Hope this helps.

R

Problem is the BBB doesnt have any real authority. They can rate a business for future consumer information but they cant make a business do anything. Back in the day, I had a business and over the years had two customers go to the BBB. When the BBB called me about it I didnt even return the calls and it had no affect on our rating at all.

Ricu

While it may be true that the BBB has no real authority, they do have power. Anyone who keeps track of your mistakes and makes public record of them is a force to be reckoned with. Your rating may not have been affected because there weren't enough complaints. Two unsatisfied customers is a pretty good track record.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast