Quote Originally Posted by pmedic2rn View Post
Ok, you asked and here it is. My objective opinion/review of The College Network. The College Netowkr and its study material is horrible, disgusting, undesirable and inexplicable. I feel like I have been conned. I studied for an exam, which is Nursing: Health Safety and I failed the exam. Now, I'm a pretty smart person and I dont believe in failing exams and have past numerous exams before. The college network makes up their own material, which is not approved by Excelsior college (After seeing my grade, I went postal) evidenced by my lengthy phone call to Excelsior College. Excelsior told me that I shouldnot use The College Networks material and that I should use their recommended literature for any of their exams. Thats my new game plan, I have ordered about $600 of books from Excelsior. When I was taking the exam, I was being asked material that I had never seen before a day in my life. Excelsior, was empathetic with me and explained that this is happening frequently and that I am not to be blamed but it was rather my lack of proper knowledge due to studying the inappropriate material provided by The college network. And to reiterate: EXCELSIOR COLLEGE HOLDS NO AFFILIATION WITH THE COLLEGE NETWORK. THE COLLEGE NETWORK ONLY SERVES AS AN INTERMEDIARY AND IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO, MERGED WITH, AFFILIATED WITH EXCELSIOR COLLEGE. Therefore any literature that is provided by The college network to study for any Excelsior College exam is faulty and to be used at the consumers'/subscribers' own risk and is NOT, I repeat not supported/endorsed or approved of by Excelsior College. Now that I've been subjective, its time to be objective. Yes the college network is a load of horse maneur but going to a community or private college and paying out of pocket is twice as much if not more expensive. I am seeking some legal recourse in cancelling my contract with The college network, if unsuccessful I will sell their questionable literature on eBay.
Hey Pmedic,

Wow, what a painful update. I'm sorry it worked out this way for you but it sounds like you have a good game plan. I'm sure you're more than a little gun-shy now when it comes to advice, but before you spend more on textbooks, check into what is available for loan through your hospital library. You may not know that I'm a graduate from Regent's College which is now Excelsior University, so I do have first hand experience with their program. I was able to save a fortune this way and what you can't borrow may be available from Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Don't hesitate to buy or use a prior edition of a textbook either.

Good luck and please keep us in the loop,

R