Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Facebook User

Re: Avoid the College Network!

Is there anyone out there who liked the college network and actually graduated form the LPN to BSN program? I would really like to get in touch with you and ask questions...Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F View Post
    Rule of Thumb: If the organization is not accredited by your state's board of regents or other educational administrative bodies, do not go for it. There are tons of "know-nothing" options out there for education, I detest them. Before signing up, call some local employers and tell them you are a graduate from the specific program seeking a job: Is their response favorable?

If it isn't a valid Technical School, Community College, or University--don't ever trust it.

Gotta second this, i know too many people who are out $$$ and still have nothing to show for it. I know one woman who failed a portion of her EC program, and now the tests she's taken count for nothing now, she's now going to a CC. And also, none of the EC, Rue, etc. portions are counted for at any colleges in this area.

Sounds like way too much of a gamble to me.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

I signed up last year in September. I only have received ONE book. I have called and called and still no books. I'm paying some bank that they have contracted with. No books, but by God if you are late on those payments they sure let you know. I did get a call back ONCE but she ended up hanging up on me. When I did try and return her call, I was re-routed to another person and I found myself saying everything all over again. Nothing was resolved. I'm thinking about going to a lawyer and filing a civil suit. With everything that I have read, I believe I have one. They pump it up and make it sound so easy. I have no problems studying, I've always been a straight A student, it is THEY who did not follow through with their end of the contract. I will post this ALL OVER my facebook and I will even build a web page!!!:nurse-soapbox::bite me:<------college network!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie_LPN View Post
    Gotta second this, i know too many people who are out $$$ and still have nothing to show for it. I know one woman who failed a portion of her EC program, and now the tests she's taken count for nothing now, she's now going to a CC. And also, none of the EC, Rue, etc. portions are counted for at any colleges in this area.

Sounds like way too much of a gamble to me.
    Which leads me on to another point.

Transferability of credits:

If you are wishing to pursue higher education later on, it is imperative that you first contact local university and community college transfer coordinators to ensure that you can transfer credits. 99% of colleges will not accept credits from Excelsior programs, etc.

An RN or LPN license is the basis upon which transfer programs are created. They are not looking at the course work completed. They are looking at the licensure you hold. Therefore, if you do not finish one of these programs and test for your license, you have likely wasted more than 2 years.

I am going to try and do a write up on "10 things to consider when choosing a nursing school".
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles

Quote Originally Posted by The College Network View Post
    Dear pmedic2rn,

As previously recommended, please contact our Customer Care Unit. Ask to speak to the manager. Her name is Heather. We do not want you to feel as if you have wasted your time or your money. Remember, your purchase includes the assistance of Academic Support. Take advantage of it and give us a call. Let's see if we can work together to get you back on track.

Sincerely,
    Rick
    The College Network
    You people are a joke!!! We all have wasted our time AND our money. In these tough times with people being laid off, people cannot afford to waste money on your nonsense, uncaring ways, and lack of follow through. I've spent about....ohhhhh.....$2400 on ONE book because you and your fraudulent collegues decided, "hey let's get these schmucks to pay the money upfront,". I'm reporting you to this financial institution from which you extracted money that I'm obligated to pay back. bite me:

Thumbs up Re: Avoid the College Network!

I am a LVN in San Francisco California. I want to use TCN for LVNto BSN program. But after I read all the comments you guys post on here. I decide not to go this route but instead of to LVN-RN bridge program in my local community college. I am not a fool for this money scam and thank you so much for you guys give me that many information. I do not like people pretend to help me to reach my goal (salesman) but they only care about is just how much they can get out of your pocket. I am not falling in this trap thanks to many helpful people post on this site.:cool-nurse:

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCoffia View Post
    Is there anyone out there who liked the college network and actually graduated form the LPN to BSN program? I would really like to get in touch with you and ask questions...Thank you...
    All I can say is RUNNNNNN!!!!! Do NOT do this. You will be better off just taking a class here and there at your local campus. These people are a JOKE!! It's way over priced, there is no follow through. The only time I have EVER heard from them is when the bank called because they haven't received a payment and they patched me through.

I'm usually a quiet person, but I'm fed up with scams like this taking advantage of LPN's who want more out of their careers, and promise this and that.

They are such liars

Facebook User

I'm getting scared now i just started the program a week ago, after 3 days you can't the money back i almost spend ten thousand dollars i'm a brand new lpn, i just hope everything work out fine.. I will keep update what will happen. If anyone one here who finished the college network program please share your experience

Facebook User

I'm getting scared now i just started the program a week ago, after 3 days you can't get the money back i almost spend ten thousand dollars i'm a brand new lpn, i just hope everything work out fine.. I will keep update what will happen. If anyone one here who finished the college network program please share your experience

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by nidhin View Post
    I'm getting scared now i just started the program a week ago, after 3 days you can't get the money back i almost spend ten thousand dollars i'm a brand new lpn, i just hope everything work out fine.. I will keep update what will happen. If anyone one here who finished the college network program please share your experience
    Hi nidihn,

Last I knew, TCN doesn't offer a degree, they sell study guides only. Unless you're enrolled in a nursing degree program, you shouldn't expect much from the hard earned dollars you spent there. Are you enrolled in the Excelsior program? If you are, use their study guides and concentrate on completing their objectives.

Good Luck,

R

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast