Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoid the College Network!

Avoid the College Network!

Let me warn you all, please, AVOID the college network. I joined over 4 years ago and I still don't have my RN. I have been lied to and drained financially. They lie in the seminar. The "study guides" do not prepare you for the tests. I had to buy additional study materials. The college does not endorse them. Once you finally enroll in the college there is a long waiting period for clincial, while you continue to pay annual fees. I wish I had never done this program. Please, take my advice and don't sign up. You'll regret it.
    :frustrated:

Re: Avoid the College Network!

I feel the same way. By the way did u ever try cancelling the program and did u get a refund back? please let me know.

also avoid rue education, they are the same way!!!! AND I did try to cancel and it was a no go. They will not let you cancel the program or get any of your money back. I gave up on it and am going the traditional route to get my LPN to RN transition but I'm still paying on the last bit that I owe them. Signing a contract with Rue was a very big expensive mistake on my part and a very costly one! Rachael
    Rachael LPN

Ricu

Are you all using these "adjuctive" services to complete an Excelsior University degree? None of them will help you finish this program. The school itself provides all of the study guides and counseling necessary. The bottom line is that the student needs to do the work; take the written tests and the clinical practical. This program requires the student to assimilate from work experience what would be gotten from a classroom- it's not for everyone. If you're struggling, it's because you need a classroom.

R

The College Network takes great pride in our ability to help customers achieve their desired level of academic success. If you are a customer of The College Network and experiencing difficulties passing CLEP, DANTES, or Excelsior College exams, it is time for you to touch base with our Academic Support department. Our advisors are standing by to offer study tips, testing strategies, and the encouragement necessary to keep you motivated. It’s never too late to make an adjustment to put you on the right track. Remember, Academic Support is there to help.

Quote Originally Posted by The College Network View Post
    The College Network takes great pride in our ability to help customers achieve their desired level of academic success. If you are a customer of The College Network and experiencing difficulties passing CLEP, DANTES, or Excelsior College exams, it is time for you to touch base with our Academic Support department. Our advisors are standing by to offer study tips, testing strategies, and the encouragement necessary to keep you motivated. It’s never too late to make an adjustment to put you on the right track. Remember, Academic Support is there to help.
    This is a typical response from the College Network and Excelsior. If things go wrong, it must be the student's fault. It couldn't possibly be theirs. They will say the student is confused or they didn't pick the right program or they didn't give it their all. However, I can easily prove I was lied to in the seminar with my paperwork. They left one entire course out, they told me my previous credits would be accepted (they were not) they claim if you pass the test in the back of their textbook you will pass the acutal exam, and several other things I found out were not true. They don't tell you that Excelsiors fees go up on a regular basis and that some of them are repeated yearly. The figure they gave me for what my education would cost and what I actually paid are worlds apart, with the latter being far higher. At the seminar they have to sign students up I was hesitant when the high pressure salesman was practically salivating over the table for a check to start the program with (he said if you wait it will take a long time to get your first book). My husband encouraged me, and I really wanted my RN. How I wish I had done what another nurse in the room did. She was suspicous as well and she left without signing up, despite his pressure. One of the reasons I went in the first place was that the card I got in the mail advertised clincials in your hometown. However, when I got there I was told that was for RN to BSN only, not LPN to RN.

As for their so called "availablity" for their students, they hung up on me once, and when I complained about the course they left out, I was asked to fax my paper from the conference for proof because they did not believe me. When I did and it showed I was telling the truth I asked what they planned to do about it. I got silence. What's it to them? It's me that has to dish out another outrageous fee, not them.

I think they are interested in one thing only, money. I never even heard from them after 3 months. They don't call to see how you're doing, or even when you finish the academic portion, or how your clinical went. Once they have your money, they don't care about anything else; that was my experience.

Rule of Thumb: If the organization is not accredited by your state's board of regents or other educational administrative bodies, do not go for it. There are tons of "know-nothing" options out there for education, I detest them. Before signing up, call some local employers and tell them you are a graduate from the specific program seeking a job: Is their response favorable?

If it isn't a valid Technical School, Community College, or University--don't ever trust it.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles

The College Network sucked me in with a pay on time program, about $100/month, which I thought was a great deal, the total is about $5000, and at the end of my study, which I found to be a review of the entire LPN program, they had only assessed me properly in one area that agreed with Excelsior. So I had bought 8 books that were completely unecessary. When it came time for me to actually apply for Excelsior,they assessed me also for completed credits and all were accepted, contrary to The College Network's assessment. (Mind you TCN told me my credits were accepted while continuing to sell me all the books that would indicate I needed to cover everything all over again) Excelsior's program was just the semester step up like other brick and mortar colleges have, and none of the materials were covered by the College Network. So I have to buy yet more books. And still pay $895 yearly fee to Excelsior. Now I can save money finding books online. That's no problem. I'm a self starter, and was home schooled, that's no problem either. But The College Network sucks $5000 out of my account little by little and it's a total waste. I could have done a lot with that money, like pay Excelsior directly. I could have been done with the RN by now (two years) except for the money and waste of time.

Dear Whisperingsage,

We are sorry that you feel this way about your purchase through The College Network.

If you would like to provide us with your Excelsior evaluation, we would be more than happy to adjust your contract based on their degree requirements. The College Network never looks to charge someone for course work that they have already completed.

If there is anything we can do to help please call Academic Support at 1-800-634-1443.

Thank You!

Angry Re: Avoid the College Network!

I, too, was duped! The textbooks are horribly written! I want to edit them and send them back. They do nothing for you. I wish I had just gone through Excelsior directly. I have not had trouble with the exams, but only because I bought other textbooks. The practice tests are also not a reflection of what to expect from Excelsior exams. The program seems geared towards cranking out nurses who have memorized the least amount of information possible to squeak by. They should be producing nurses who can solve problems, think on their feet, and do the job well, NOT just producing people who can pass exams.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast