Thread: nursing student questions

Anonymous

nursing student questions

I'm a nursing student and I worked as volunteer when I was a teenager, for 4years in a hospital as a volunteer. I just loved it and wanted to be a nurse. So, here I am 25 yrs old and about to make my dream come true. My worry is what if I can't stand needles, I had a baby and been around lots of needles, but just the thought of sticking someone just scares me. I don't want to hurt someone. Are these normal feelings? I want to do my job, and well I am just worried about the needles?

Anonymous

Re: nursing student questions

Hi! I just want to reply to your question the moment I saw it. I'm currently a third year nursing student and like you, I used to be afraid of intrusive procedures like injecting someone with needles or being the one getting it. One of my goals in taking up Nursing is to overcome those fears. And right now, I think I have finally done it.
    Your experience must have contributed to your fears. Don't worry about it because its always like that at first, but when you get the hang of it, you will soon be okey.Just think that you'll get revenge by being the one injecting people this time. (just kidding though)
    Anyways, the school will orient you about those instruments gradually as you go on with your lessons, and they will teach you on how to use them, then you will just soon think of those instruments as technical stuff, and you will soon be in control 'cause you'll have the knowlegde, that will make you confident. But of course, your clinical instructors will not leave you alone without guidance until you get the procedures right or until you graduate.

Good Luck! I hope you'll enjoy your studies.

Anonymous

when i grow up i want to take care of babies that are new born at the hospital?right now i am 11 and am thinking about and decided that i do ?? i learning info about it and want to know how much they pay each hour or what .
    thanks
    leal, krystal

Anonymous

Hi, I am a student going for the RN. I have been deciding to maybe go for the LPN because it starts this August and I can start working sooner and then I will go back for my RN. The RN doesn't start until January 2006 and I can start working as an LPN in 2006. I really need to start working sooner than planned. I'm just not sure if that is what I want to do. I think it sounds like a good plan though. Any suggestions would be nice? Also I heard that soon they are getting rid of LPN's or the LPN program, they won't get rid of the LPN's they have now. Do you know or heard of this? I don't want to stop at LPN so that is why I feel confident about it; my sister is an LPN right now going for her RN. She talked to me but I'm just not sure. So what do you think? Also do you now about the start pay for LPN's?

If you can start at the LPN level , that's really a nice idea because by the time you get to the RN level, you would have known alot of things and so, it would be much easier for you. Alot of pple start off right from CNA to LPN to RN. And the amazing thing is that most of them that I know, all do well along the programme.

Secondly, although it is important to put your gains at the back of your mind to encourage you to really strive to succeed, if you can erase how much the job pays from your mind for now, that would be a better idea. Payplans varies from state to state. But be more concerned about your school for now...
    Goodluck!!