Thread: traveling with kids

traveling with kids

I have been a nurse for 24 years and would like to travel to California. I have been an ER nurse for the last 15 years.I am a single mother with 2 kids and a dog. Any suggestions about which companies have the good benefits and good pay? My kids are 13 and 9. Is it impossible for the companies to find housing for my situation? Would like to hear any suggestions available.[font=Arial]Text[/f]<font color="purple">Text</font> [list]

Re: traveling with kids

I want to hear this too. I am going to start traveling at the end of this month. With a 3, 5, and 9 year old. Ought to be interesting )

I'd like to hear more also. Starting in July I want to travel with my 4yo daughter, husband and 2 dogs. Any suggestions? Any good companies to talk to. I spoke with cross country and they told me point blank it would be very difficult with the dogs. I'd have to do the housing stipend. Can anyone out there tell me if they are reliable with reimbursment? Thanks so much
    Niki

I have two boston terrier's and my company just forwards the pet fee if any to me. But they try to find me housing that has no fees and they've been pretty good to me. I'm not sure about kids I don't have any. The pay is ok but support is one of the best I worked with and I've been traveling for 6 yrs now. I'm working with Rn Demand and my recruiter is Jay. But again I'm not sure what benefits they offer as far as children, i know my medical and dental are free. So if that helps at all...

Thanks for the tip I will check them out. I have also talked to RNnetwork, anyone have anything to say about them? Thanks

Hi There

My name is Stacie and I work with COMFORCE. We can provide housing for people traveling with families and pets! we also try to eliminate extra pet costs with the apartments we choose. I can also tell you which areas are better to travel with kids and pets. If you want more information or have any other questions that I can answer please give me a call or shoot me an email!

Thanks
    Stacie Koltai
    COMFORCE
    (800) 660-9544 x 145
    skoltai@comforce.com

You can travel with almost any company with kids and pets, some just are more "pet and kid friendly." You just have to ask about making arrangements.

My insurance cost me about $50/week for my son. Most companies will pay for your insurance, but you have to pay anywhere from $50 to $100/week for your dependents. You will just have to ask each company about that.

You might try Cirrus Medical or Trinity Healthcare, I hear that they both have great customer service for those with pets and kids!

You might also want to think about an RV. That is how we travel, and absolutely love it! There are RVs now with bunks in the back for the kids. I have seen an RV with up to FOUR bunks in it!

I currently travel with one child (21 months) and one dog that is better behaved then my child. Hehe. I have traveled with two dogs in the past. The tricky part with the dogs is going to be the size of the animal. There are difinitely apartments out there that will let you have the dogs but it may require a little searching on your part. The same goes for traveling with kids. If you need a bigger apt, look at where you think you want to go and start searching out different apt. Once you have a couple of good lends then call the company back and tell them you would like to stay there. All the companies I have worked with have been fine with this. I even picked not only the complex but the exact apt for the contract I'm on now. Best of luck.

I have done three assignments with RN Network and they are one of the best companies I have ever worked for. My recuiter always returned my calls by the end of the day if she didn't answer immed. My checks where always right and always on time. Not the highest paying company out there on alot of assignments but they get an AAA+++ on "customer service". My recuiter was Karen Hardy. She's the bomb. I still call her just to chat even tho I'm no longer with them. Give her a call and tell her Audra Ables sent you her way. You won't be disappointed.[b_color:blue]Text[/b_color]