Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD in North east

HD in North east

please let me know if you know of a good company that recruit hemodialysis nurses

Re: HD in North east

Fresinius Medical Care You can find that online.Goodl luck!

The only suggestion I can give you is not to work in an acute setting in the Boston area..Especially for Davita...

Hi,
    Fresenius Medical care is definately NOT the place to go. They are harassing and inconsiderate to Nurses...Example 3 RN's came from foreign country and all regular staff laughed guessing if one was gay.....and asking them to go to gay bar to check out if they were indeed gay. When it was brought to company ......they ignored it!
    That company ignored MANY harassments Techs are allowed to scream and demean Nurses....not my idea of an ideal setting to work in.....:luck:

Hi! I happened upon a fairly new dialysis provider (DSI) that doesn't seem to squeeze the blood out of it's employees yet. The acutes are 2:1 in the dialysis room and 1:1 for critical care pts. They actually give you a reasonal amount of time between pts too. As far as training, they have several weeks classroom theory and then a preceptorship with another RN (don't know how long that is tho). So far I'm liking it very much, but they're not in every state. They do have a website DSI.COM. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dialysis Diva View Post
    Hi! I happened upon a fairly new dialysis provider (DSI) that doesn't seem to squeeze the blood out of it's employees yet. The acutes are 2:1 in the dialysis room and 1:1 for critical care pts. They actually give you a reasonal amount of time between pts too. As far as training, they have several weeks classroom theory and then a preceptorship with another RN (don't know how long that is tho). So far I'm liking it very much, but they're not in every state. They do have a website DSI.COM. Good luck!
    DSI is not a new dialysis company. It's a company that was divested when Fresenius bought out several smaller companies. It's Fresenius in new clothes:houra: :houra:

Quote Originally Posted by Dialysis Diva View Post

BTW DSI.COM leads to an IT Procurement site. DSI's website is:
    : : : Dialysis Clinics : : :

BOO Hisssss to Fresenius in new clothes.
    A leopard never canges its spots. Fresenius should be investigated for all its inproper dealings about things.
    If asked I would recommend a consent decree such as another huge medical company had a few years ago!:endof: :endof:

Quote Originally Posted by 22ndNorth View Post
    BOO Hisssss to Fresenius in new clothes.
    A leopard never canges its spots. Fresenius should be investigated for all its inproper dealings about things.
    If asked I would recommend a consent decree such as another huge medical company had a few years ago!:endof: :endof:

:luck: Money talks. They pay lots of taxes, fair wages, better if you are a traveler,and their machines are the best.,,:houra:

Like I've always said. "You can pay me now or you can pay me later. Later usually costs more." I making twice, as a traveler, what I made as staff. LOL

Smile Re: HD in North east

D.s.i. (diversified Specialty Institute) Is Not Any Relation To Fresenius. It Is The Latest Brainchild Of Dr. Tanenbaum, And They Opened Their First Hemodialysis Outpatient Clinic In Sanford, Fl On My License. I Worked For Fresenius For 5yrs. Prior To Leaving To Help Open 3 Hemo Units As Well As Home Dialysis. They Bought 103 Outpatient Clincs When Gambro And Fresenius Were Forced To Divest In January 2006. Since That Time They Have Acquired New Clinics In Dialysis In The Chronic And Acute Areas, As Wellas A Specialty Breast Clinic In The N.e. (maryland, I Think). I Left The Company In December For Personal Reasons, And Am Now Traveling In Acute Dialysis. In My Personal Opinion, If You're Choosing A Chronic Company, Dsi Is The Company To Work For. However, In The Acute Arena, A Private, Nonprofit Hospital With Its Own Dialysis Unit Provides The Best Patient Care And Safest Staffing/patient Ratio. Good Luck And Successful Placement!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast