Thread: professional nursing behavior

Anonymous

professional nursing behavior

A friend of mine showed up to a 4th semester clinical OB experiance without her school name tag, and was kicked out of the nursing program because of it. I'm find this pretty unfair. The school's justifican is that the student could have caused a Hippa vialation. I'm just wondering if people agree with the shcool, or if they feel that the school acted to harshly.

Re: professional nursing behavior

I do say that is a little harsh. She needs to see if the school has a policy regarding name tags. Then challenge it. Also, she needs to find out the punnishment for missing a clinical. They can claim missing a clinical. If see has good graids and attendence record I would say she has a chance

I agree that seems a bit much. I have to wonder if that was simply the tip of the iceberg. If we dug a bit, I have a feeling we'd find that there were other issues brewing besides this one.

Would need a little more background before deciding on this one. Was the person an honor student with a spotless academic record previously or had she been disciplined in the past for other issues?

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

Anonymous

School out of line. Unles there's more to the story I would advise fighting that. Sounds like a nursing "power trip" to me.