:frustrated: I am 60 years old and have been travel nursing for 3 years. I love it. I have 30 years of nursing and feel very confident in everything that I do. This job was to be a med-surg position. Not once was telemetry mentioned in the interview. My skills check list and resume reflect that my telemetry skills are 8 years old as is my ACLS. I do not want the responsibility anymore. I am sliding in to home base with chocolate in one hand and a glass of wine in the other with lots of wonderful memories. After orientation-no telementry mention- I get on the floor and it has 4 halls telemetry, med/surg. I know my basic arrhythmias and I know when to call an MD. The telemetry is a separate room and thery call you if there is an irregularity but it stops there because that's all they know. I mentioned this to my preceptor who stated --we need to get you in a class. I said that was OK. My patient nthat I received apprently had some tachy/brady arrhythminment. My rehis assigas during the night shift and the Dr. ordered Digoxin 0.25 mg IF Q4hours x 4 does. I gave the last dose at 8 AM that morning..Apical pulse was 82 and regular. Around 10 AM they called from the tele room. Pt's pulse had slowed down. I went to room--patient had been having diarrhea ( a mass in her lower colon- NPO for colonoscopy but no prep had been started. I got her off the commode-placed in bed. A-pulse was at 84, she was asymptomatic. I thought a vagal reponse and left her and checked on her frequently. She continued with diarrhea and N/V all morning. Her general intern arrived ranting and raving--"She could have flatlined" "Why didn't you call me?" Continued on with his ravings to other nurses, charge nurses and Manager. Bottom line is they have asked me not to take the extension that they presented me with a week ago but by all means to finish with this assignment. My agency has been very supportive in informed the Manager that they misrepresented there need and I was honest on my applications. The patient was transferred to the unit and the first thing the CCU nurse said was Why did they give her Digoxin. I wish I knbew more but I"m hurt and embarrassed. I know s____t rolls down hill but this has been my first. If you are on a floor like that..should you give cardiac drugs IV? I did look it put and gave it correctly and she had already been given 3 does before by another nurse. Her dig level showned 3.6 that afternoon. This is keeping me up at night.:endof: