Thread: Becoming a nurse

Question Becoming a nurse

Hi, I am just about 100 percent sure about becoming a R.N. BUT, am very curious about one thing I keep reading. Apparently, there is some serious drama/catfighting/social issues going on with nurses???
    What is the deal with that, what are the issues that cause this to be such a deal that the general public finds out about it?:2confused:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Becoming a nurse

Quote Originally Posted by tinalou00 View Post
    Hi, I am just about 100 percent sure about becoming a R.N. BUT, am very curious about one thing I keep reading. Apparently, there is some serious drama/catfighting/social issues going on with nurses???
    What is the deal with that, what are the issues that cause this to be such a deal that the general public finds out about it?:2confused:

Welcome to the site, tina! Glad to have you with us. Also glad that you are fairly sure you wanna be a nurse.

I know there have been many posts out there about 'nurses eatting their young', etc. I should point out that nursing can be a bit stressful. Working weekends or holidays isn't for everyone, but illness knows no holidays. Combine that with the acuity of residents/patients.....plus the unique personalities of each and every nurse out there.....well, it happens. Heck, it happens with other professions, too; why nurses get singled out, I have no idea. If you keep that in mind, I am sure you will be fine.

'Cat'