Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change the name of this forum! UGH!

Re: Change the name of this forum! UGH!

I found this website using google by typing in male nurse forums and this site popped right up and Im really grateful it did, its been very helpful in planning out my career and I would just like to thank all of you for your posts! (keep them coming )

Hello Esco,

Welcome to the site... and post often.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

I usually struggle to keep from laughing when someone says, "Oh, you're a male nurse", as if, as a man, I have a choice. To me, "Male Nurse" sounds like some kind of syndrome but I agree that it is a good search term and should remain unchanged because of that. For myself, I call me a guy nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorbob View Post
    I usually struggle to keep from laughing when someone says, "Oh, you're a male nurse", as if, as a man, I have a choice. To me, "Male Nurse" sounds like some kind of syndrome but I agree that it is a good search term and should remain unchanged because of that. For myself, I call me a guy nurse.
    LOL, you have a hard time not laughing when called a male nurse but not when called a guy nurse? IMHO, both terms are the same with guy being slang term for male. Oh well, to each his own.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by GlennPedsRN View Post
    Okay guys, let's not get all excited about the name of this forum. This is my first time here and I accept the name. I don't like to be introduced that way to a patient, but for websites and searches this is how I found this site. Over time things may change like the name for stewardesses to flight attendants, but then again, do we want to change the name of a long historical noble profession like nursing? I am not sure I do. I am a member of the AAMN and support both men and women in the continued growth of our profession. Just my two cents guys. Thanks.

I agree.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MagRedC5 View Post
    LOL, you have a hard time not laughing when called a male nurse but not when called a guy nurse? IMHO, both terms are the same with guy being slang term for male. Oh well, to each his own.
    LOL,THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MY MIND WHEN I READ GUY NURSE IS SOMEONE DOSN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL GUY/NICK/OLIGY.LOL
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

male + nursing = best job
    female + nursing = best job

male nurses + female nurses equal : development of nursing job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12