Thread: Newbie

Hello, I've done a few posts but guess I should introduce myself officially.
    I have been a nurse for eight years, six months on neuro med/surg unit, four years ICU, and the last three + years in an LTAC. Presently I hate my job and career, wished I had done something different (as I look for my oil can to lube my poor joints), but also realize how lucky I am to be in a career that is in demand and can pretty much go anywhere I want and find a job. I have been married for 16 yrs, have two wonderful girls and a cat. I live in Michigan where the economy sucks, thank God for nursing jobs.
    Sorry if I sound negative, but like my name I picked, I am Burnt out, and know this too shall pass, so you will just have to suffer a little until I work through it!:rolleyes:

Re: Newbie

Welcome !!!! Stay active!!!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the site, BurntOut. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know what you mean about 'hating your job'. I have had quite a few days like that lately (we had a God-Awful survey...won't to into more ).

What part of MI do you dive in? UP or LP? As you said, nursing is always in demand, and traveling IS an option; perhaps you need a change of scenario. Please drop by as often as you can; we'll support your decisions.

'Cat'

Hey BurntOut. I work in L&D here in Dallas,TX. The economy isn't too bad, the winters are great. Come here!! Oh, forgot to tell you...we don't have unions. But we are working on it. Probably will have it up and running just in time for me to retire. I have cats too.....and horses, cows, and dogs!! It's a zoo!! Kisses!!