Thread: Should we switch from RN Networks

Should we switch from RN Networks

I need some advice. We are suppose to start traveling with RN Network in less than a month. We have been in talks and have everything filled out paperwork wise. We were told that it would be no problem to find a M/S position in a compact state with a years experience. We are now being told that they are having problems finding jobs and it is hard to find you a spot with only a years experience and no travel experience. We had several recruiters from different firms call us originally and tell us that it would be no problem. Is RN Networks just trying to not deal with us? Should we ask for another recruiter or go with another agency. How do we go about switching recruiters? We didn't want to have to switch and start from scratch with a new agency. HELP. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you!
    JenniferSquared

Re: Should we switch from RN Networks

Jennifer,

If you are looking for an assignment in Southern California, give us a call or drop us an email and we'll see what we can do:

Mary Anderson
    Associated Health Professionals, Inc
    6095 Bristol Parkway
    Culver City , CA 90230
    (800) 451-4454
    Fax (310) 645-3034
    mary@ahpstaffing.com

Hello!

Thank you for your post. Depending on how soon you need to travel, I would start looking around. Talk to other recruiteres for other agencies to see what they have to offer.

Some of us do not require you to fill out the 20 page packet prior to being submitted to a position.

Also, some hospitals do not want an RN who has a year of experience and no travel experience - others will. It just depends on the facility.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to call or email me. Thanks again!
    Dan Barren
    Recruiter
    8.North.Staffing
    866-950-5566 ext 506
    barrend@8northstaffing.com
    www.8northstaffing.com
    www.myspace.com/8northstaffing

Hi Jennifer,

Generally it is more difficult for Rns (with less than 2 years) to find travel positions. However, some hospitals (especially smaller community ones) would be willing to do so. I would suggest that you continue to work per diem assignments while waiting for travel to strengthen your skills. Call different travel agencies and compare their rates to find the most suitable one for you. If is pretty common for nurses to have 2-3 different agencies working for them. I know it's a hassle to fill out vast amounts of paperwork in the beginning but at least it will give you more job options. Make sure the recruiters you work with are upfront with what they are offering (positions/rates). Give me a call or email should you have more questions.

Angela Szeto
    Recruiter
    866-878-8617
    angelas@healthsourceglobal.com
    Welcome to HealthSource Global Staffing

Hmmm... I remember receiving the same treatment from them. I invested my time and money in researching Travel Nursing... A Good resource that lead me to the my current travel agency is Highway Hypodermics
    Travel Nursing articles, information, and the latest book on travel nursing, "Highway Hypodermics: Travel Nursing 2007."

CHeck it out ... maybe you can glean some useful informaiton. My suggestion is to continue to work per diem until you have found an Agency and a Recruiter that you feel comfortable with (one that you feel like is listening to your needs/wants and is interested in you not the commission).

Best wishes - Please do let update on your journey.