Thread: Travel Questions

Travel Questions

I am still in school, but when I'm done and work at a large university affiliated hospital for a year or so, I'd like to travel. How does traveling work with a spouse (my wife) and 2 dogs? How do you handle simple things like cars/furniture/home stuff?

Also, I've heard about some of the tax benefits. Can anyone further explain? Is it best to keep your house for the write-off even though you won't live in it?

Thanks!

Wink Re: Travel Questions

I've traveled with my wife who has worked a variety of jobs while such as a CNA, Mental Health Tech and an online language instructor. Pets can be a challenge finding housing plus the pet deposits and fees so let your recruiter know up front so they have time to prepare for that. Healthcare Traveler Magazine had a recent article about a Traveler that traveled with her horse...No kidding! They have had alot of articles about Traveling with pets Health Care Traveler - Home Page . I have alot articles on my site that may answer the rest of your questions at
    Travel NurseToolbox .Also for Taxes refer to TravelTax: Tax preparation for travel nurses and other traveling medical and mobile professionals .

CJ

Re: Travel Questions

You can take as little or as much of your own belongings as you want. Most travel companies provide furniture and kitchen goods. Most also provide a set of sheets and towels, etc. If you let them know you are traveling with pets, they will arrange for that, but some of the housing that allows pets is not the greatest. The most important thing about housing however is safety. If you don't feel safe in your housing, you must let your recruiter know.:luck: