Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Net Test

Net Test

I have been reading the posts and find that there is a variety of levels of people here. I am currently doing pre-requisites for the ADN program at a local college. I will be applying to there program in FEB. of 2003. I am looking for any online sourse or any other source to prepare for the Net test. I have heard from others who have taken it that the college puts a lot of weight on your test scores as far as admitting you into the ptogram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day. Jerry

Re: Net Test

I graduated nursing school in 1976 and I don't know that I have heard of a Net test. What kind of test is that? Is it like the test med students have to take? The best advice I know to give (like I know what I am talking about! LOL) would be to go to your school library, a book store or a local university library and ask for a prepatory book

I gather it's somthing that has started since then LOL,, but I have found a book at the bookstore on it, but when your unemployed something free on the net has greater appeal. But if I dont find something, I may just have to fork out the 35.00

If you're talking about the test to get into the program it is just basic stuff: math, english, etc. I could be wrong, but if you've seen the book, did you thumb through it? What was in it?

I wasnt able to thumb thru it as it had just came into the bookstore, and she hadn't had time to open them up and get them on the shelves. But I think you may be right as to the math english and such. I will check back at the book store over the next couple of days and try and get a peek. Heck,, maybe she will let me run make a copy of it, just to see if it's any good. Right,, maybe when pigs fly..But I can try lol

If you are not in a time crunch, I really feel you could find that or a similar book at some library. I have seen loads of books along that line. I like the idea of copying out of the book. You are very resourceful and THAT will make you a very successful nurse. I am very impressed. We need about a half-million of ya!

Went by the school bookstore yesterday, and the she finally had the books on the shelves. But they are all wrapped in this really nice sealed plastic. She said, you break the seal, you buy it..so much for the making copies of it. Will check the libraray on Mon and see what they have, Thanks and have a great week end,, Jerry

Net is on basic english and math, really heavy on the math, and the reading. Just took it in Sept. of this year, and yes it plays a big factor on getting into nursing school. really not that bad just take you time and read everything real good.
    You might check to see if you school offers a class to help prepare for it. Mine did, 4 hours long, think the cost was like $20,00 but woth every penny.

Hey Roxie, thanks for the reply. Now that you mention it. I remember that 4 hour class when i first started doing pre-requisites back in the summer. It was offered mainly for the med surg class they were starting. I will check with them and see. Thanks for the input.

Jerry

Hi .....I am new to this all. I am goin to nursing school in June. I have been lookin online 4 something I could study to kinna get a headtsart on my studies. But I really dont know what to look 4. Do u guys have any suggestions?? Hellllppppppppppppp <font color="purple"> </font color>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast