I moved to Ft. Myers in August. After an extensive job search I accepted a non-benefitted prn position with Lee Memorial. My choice was at least 2 areas of specialty to float to. Since I have 10 years ICU/trauma experience, I chose ICU and stepdown.
I suffered thru the orientations, and the limited exposure to the areas I would be sent to, I was to float prn 7p-7a to all three campus's here. All had 2 or more ICU's and stepdown units.
My dilemma is I have been cancelled twice now! They offered me their seasonal contract which I accepted and signed. I realize there's no guarantee of hours, and I surely don't get paid when if I don't work. But, geez!
Does anyone know what the deal is here? I thought the season here was busy and I wouldn't be out of work. The staffing office told me if I did telemetry/med surg I would always have work, but I am not comfortable with their nurse/pt ratios...sometimes up to 8-9 on nights shifts!
Just wondered if anyone has an comments/suggestions! I am now currently looking for other work, and hate to go thru another orientation with another hospital...takes too much time.
Thanks!
elizabeth