Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badge Clips for Male Nurses

Smile Badge Clips for Male Nurses

Hi Guys!
    Please help me out....I am a jewelry designer who was asked recently by the CEO/President of a traveling nurse service to come up with a badge clip/holder design for her male nurses. She specifically wants something nice for her male nurses.

Do you have any ideas you could throw my way?

Thank you for any help with this.

Michelle Sims

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Badge Clips for Male Nurses

What about something that says "RN" or has a caduceus on it? As long as it's not in pastel or other girly colors. Use more masculine colors, like red, blue, green, or black.

Ricu

Hi Michelle,

I wonder why you were asked to design something just for "male" nurses. Wouldn't a basic badge holder in a neutral color be practical? Otherwise, I like Amanda's recommendations and in fact, would imagine that nurses of either sex would concur.

A male reader

R

Smile Re: Badge Clips for Male Nurses

Hi AmandaWIRN and Ricu,
    Thank you for your suggestions. I primarily work in Victorian themed jewelry design, and the CEO of the traveling nurse service saw my work in an antique mall where I have a nice display of my work.

She saw the badge holders/clips and wanted 250 for Christmas gifts for her nurses. She liked the vintage look to them, but also wanted something for the guys. She asked me to come up with a more "nurse" themed design for the women (maybe something with an angel, she said) and more masculine design for the men. I don't know if I can post a pic of a few I came up with, but here are links to some photos:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s-2--07-07.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s-1--07-07.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s-3--07-07.jpg

Moderators: If this is not appropriate to add these links, please let me know. Please delete the links at your descretion if necessary.

I work with gemstones, and thought of cat's eye in a simple setting. I don't know. Maybe that's too much. I don't want to do anything tacky. My normal work is toward the more elegant look, in my opinion.

Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback/suggestions. I want to get this right and want her and all her nurses to like their Christmas gifts from her.

Thank you,
    Michelle Sims

Member Extraordinaire

The pictures you posted look good for the female nurses, but they might be a little feminine for the guys. If you could do one with less of the fancy "filigree" around the edges, that might make them look a little more masculine.

All of the badges that I have had have oval holes at the top. The clip is clear plastic that is folded in half and held together with a snap. The clip is, well, a metal clip.
    I don't know what "guys" would like. I've looked at male scrubs that sport prints such as woodies, fishing lures and golf balls. NOT FOR THIS USER.
    How 'bout farm animals? Tractors? Things that people have as hobbies like listening to music? Foods like pizza, hot dogs or meatballs and spaghetti? Maybe it should be specialized to the field like a heart, lungs or pancreas

Ricu

Hi again,

Michelle, I can see why the CEO approached you about crafting something that she could offer her male nurses because the victorian designs you created for women are really beautiful. I still wonder if it might not be a better idea to if you're willing, design something that would be appealing to both sexes. Good luck and thanks for the interest.

R

Thank you for your replies Duncan and Ricu. I really appreciate it. Duncan, I had not thought of (obviously!) the specialized idea with the organs, and the fishing and golfing are awesome too. Great ideas! The badge holders I have made come with the vinyl sleeve, so I understand what you mean; I just scanned the design itself to save space in the photos when I sent the lady my ideas.

Also, Duncan, you wrote that you wouldn't use the sports stuff. What would you use?

And Ricu, thank you for the compliment. I found a simple round setting that I thought I might paint in solid hunter green, dark blue, burgundy, and/or maybe a dark red, then go from there. I think that would be a start at distinguishing them as a little more masculine. But I still have to toy with ideas and see what I can come up with. I'm not sure what I am going to do, but I have some great ideas thanks to you and Duncan.

Thanks so much guys.

Michelle Sims

How about somthing with both men and women in mind.

maby somthing like Atlas holding up the world with a male and a female human figure/ nurse helping him steady it with RN or LPN inside the world map spanning the globe because realy it's not a female job it is aa world wide profession for anyone who has the strength to handle it.

And yes I am a man who happens to also be a nurse.LPN
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Hi guys,
    Could you please give me your opinions on a couple of badge holder designs? I would really appreciate your feedback/suggestions. Here are 2 pics:

Image of BadgeHolder--Life Symbol - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of BadgeHolder--Medical - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you so much!

Michelle Sims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast