Thread: Has anyone taken the CEN examination?

Question Has anyone taken the CEN examination?

I'm going to take the CEN examination & am scared. I read you find out after completing the exam if you passed or not. Any advice from anyone who has taken it? I am studying, using the Mosby Emergency & Flight Nurse Examination Review book, any other tips for studying or about the test for a heads up? ANY help at all would be GREATLY appreciated, as this is a $316.00 Test!!!
    Thanks!
    Rita L., RN, BSN (Chicago, IL)
    Good luck to you:houra:
    Rita, RN, BSN

Re: Has anyone taken the CEN examination?

First bit of advise would be to join the ENA and pay less for the exam. Also, the ENA has books specifically designed for the CEN exam (and at a discount for members). The question and answer book is all that I needed to study to pass the exam. I went through the whole book taking about 3-10 questions at a time and looking up the answers, rather than trying a practice test at a time. This method provided something like instant gratification and reinforced the correct answers. I find it hard to do a whole practice test and remember the questions versus the correct answers. When I got to the last practice test, I did do that all the way through in order to build stamina for the actually test. It worked for me since I passed on my first attempt at certification, with less than one year ED experience. Good Luck.
    :houra: