Thread: Anyone have long list of foods causing +etg?

Anyone have long list of foods causing +etg?

I went to the Dominican Republic last March. Was so concerned about ingesting foods with "alcohol." I asked the chef every night to show me what foods had alcohol. He was happy to oblige after I told him I could die if I had any. (that's how much my recovery means to me) Anyway, I'm leaving on a cruise this Sunday. I don't think I can ask the chef's to provide me with the same information. After reading all the articles on false positives, I am concerned I will consume something and test positive. Does anyone have that long list of foods/other items that can produce the false positive? I've seen it before but I can't find it now. Thank you so much. I love coming to this website every day and knowing I'm not alone. Hugs~Sohpie.

Re: Anyone have long list of foods causing +etg?

Sophie, I don't know if there is any way you are going to be able to control that on a cruise. The only way that I can think of is to eat only at the buffet and to eat only plain meat. I am booked for a cruise a year an a half from now, and my thoughts are that I will do what I can to avoid alcohol, but I'm not going to ruin my vacation over it. I and my DH will know that I did not drink and that is what is most important.

Also keep in mind that hand sanatizer is EVERYWHERE on a cruise ship due to Norovirus outbreaks. I'd be more concerned about avoiding that stuff!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: Anyone have long list of foods causing +etg?

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but here's a link,

Household Products Database: Health and Safety Information, from the National Library of Medicine

Like lisa said it's pretty hard tp avoid certain thing in the environment of a cruise - watch the hand sanitizer and you could put in a dietary requeststating severe allergies for any thing you get in the dining room

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re: Anyone have long list of foods causing +etg?

To avoid etg hits,,,, foods do not eat ANY processed foods, sauces, spices, health foods/extracts, ice cream (vanilla extracts), bakery goods, etc, etc.,...fresh meats and vegetables are the ONLY safe foods..HUBERT