Thread: Did I fail Nclex?

Did I fail Nclex?

Today I took my first NCLEX-RN exam. At the end of the exam I had answered all 265 questions. EEK!! Is the rumor true that if you take all the questions that chances are you have failed your boards? I am currently a Grad RN in the perfect job with the perfect preceptor and I am afraid that I will loose it all if I have truly failed my boards. If anyone out there has any words of advice for me they would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Did I fail Nclex?

Not to necessarily worry. I sat for the first computerized boards and was CERTAIN I would fail...not confident at all. When my computer shut off at 75 questions...I was mortified. I was CERTAIN I failed. Rumor was if it shut off at 75, you either had enough right or enough wrong to pass or fail...well DUH!!! Same could be said about the whole taco. I understand that statistically, that even if you have answered enough questions to have passed the exam, the machine might not shut off because a certain percentage of people taking the exam will be forced to finish the whole thing for whatever sadistic reason the boards have. Don't fret too much. Wait and see like the rest of us did and then rejoice when you find out you passed.

Thank you for the great words of advice.

There is no absolute rule, some people show their knowledge (or lack of it) in 75 questions, other people need the full 265 questions to show if they have what it takes or not.

Most people get increasing more nervous as the test goes on, but more questions is not good reason to throw in the towel or get nervous (like you're not nervous already right?).

Hang in there, you'll get results back soon enough.

Wish you luck!

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com