Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schweet

Schweet

After a really bad day I had the most exciting thing happen. In my travels today I saw a poster for free CNA training. Needless to say I beat feet over to the place on the poster. I spoke with the LOL there and am now enrolled in the class. I just have on hurdle to get over but I am thinking it will not be that big of a hurdle. I have to take a test to get in the program. I asked about the clinicals, the tb test, the BG check and the test fees and was told it is all covered. Schweet. I can't believe I am on my way to becoming an RN

Ricu

Re: Schweet

Excellent! Good luck, pal

R

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sounds pretty cool to me! Good luck, and keep us posted.

'Cat'

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Sounds pretty cool to me! Good luck, and keep us posted.

'Cat'

Ok here is an update. I took the test on Thursday and passed so i am officially in. Start classes in 2 weeks. Have to meet with the instructor this coming week so he can go over what the class is about and what the expectations are. I also found out I am going to be the only male in the class. I guess I can start getting used to being the minority gender. This coming from a prior life mechanic in a predominately male field. I just can't wait to finally start down the road to my RN.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Some advice for you and your classmates: learn the proper body mechanics for lifting, and DON'T let them have YOU do all the heavy lufting when you ARE officially an aide. I have aides who shamelessly 'use' the guys by asking them to do all the lifting.

'Cat'

Ok another update.. I got the call I was waiting on yesterday. Woohoo!!! I go in to meet the instructor on Tuesday. I can't wait to start me training.

Ricu

Sounds like things are really moving along now. I'm really happy for you. Interesting that you're the only male in the class. Even though men are still the minority species in healthcare, I'm seeing more than ever especially coming in through the CNA field. As you pointed out, it's good to get acclimated to the gender ratio but I'll bet that you will be one of several when you start in the workforce.

Keep smilin'

R

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    Sounds like things are really moving along now. I'm really happy for you. Interesting that you're the only male in the class. Even though men are still the minority species in healthcare, I'm seeing more than ever especially coming in through the CNA field. As you pointed out, it's good to get acclimated to the gender ratio but I'll bet that you will be one of several when you start in the workforce.

Keep smilin'

R
    I'm kinda of hopeing that I am not the only one on th floor but if so of well.

Another update; I had a meeting with my instructor today. Went over what the course entails. It was basically an interview. I wish I would have known that before hand. Oh well. We start on the 4th of Sept. I can't wait. He also confirmed that i will be the only male in the class. Should be interesting that.

Another update;

I FINALLY started classes for my CNA today. I can't believe I have actually started.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast