Thread: Tuesday, August 7th, 2007

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Tuesday, August 7th, 2007

Good morning, everyone! Yeah, it's my day off, and I am up already. Bummer, eh? Couldn't sleep, thinking that I'll be called in anyhow. Sooo....up I am.

Who's doing what today? Anyone working? Off for the day?

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tuesday, August 7th, 2007

Good morning! Worked last night, have to work again tonight, but then I'm off for 5 days, so I'll be visiting family & friends back home- I am sooooo looking forward to 5 days off! Well, off to bed for me!

Still waiting to see if I'll get that phone call, calling me in on my day off. This will be the worst hour of my life, or one of them. Enjoy youre time off, 'Manda.

Member Extraordinaire

Hi everyone thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We have visitation this afternoon/evening and funeral tomorrow. I've been mostly ok just have a hard time when my 8 year old says things like "grandpa will always live in our hearts" ...how does he think of that. I've been kept busy running around picking up out of town relatives...went to the florist 3 times yesterday once taking mom to help her pick out flowers, once with my aunt, and another with dad's cousin and her husband. Then took my brother so he could get some shoes as well as my daughter & sons....just running around....dad always wore different baseball hats so I put them on a tree stand I had and the minister is going to use that because my dad did wear many as family, teacher, club memberships, political things...we're going to have the minister from my parents church, a black minister who was one of dad's students and family friend, a preacher who is dad's cousin AND and Indian drum group with Indian priest doing a drum ceremony in the parking lot and a masonic service...all of which will set off my little consertive town dad would love that...he'd said just throw him in a ditch well he's not getting that...he taught for 33 years and was involved in many organizations they are expecting parking problems....I'm expecting crying problems when I see my friends I've been mostly the strong one for mom so tonight could be tough.

Cass, sounds like dad is going out with a bang. My mom says stick her out with the garbage when she goes. I know she's being funny, but.....

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. If the tears happen, let them flow. They are much needed, and are greatly understood.

Oh, obviously I did NOT get 'that' call today. Still dreading tomorrow.

Well, all.....it is off to bed I go. Hope you had a good day. See you all in the morning!

'Cat'