Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the CNA Forum!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the CNA Forum!

Hi, everyone! This Forum was created for all of you hard-working CNA's to hang out in. I figured you deserved your 'own' place to relax in....

'Cat'

Re: Welcome to the CNA Forum!

Thanks for creating this site - I am in RN school (BSN), but I spent 2 1/2 yrs as a CNA in a county hospital, sharing the "hell" and it's nice to be acknowledged on a nurse's forum!

I spent my year in 'hell', also. Out where I am, one needs to be a CNA prior to getting into clinicals in quite a few schools.

I figure, as nurses, it is not beneath us to clean up, feed patients, etc. It's compassion, folks!

Thank you for thinking about us. No one else does! At least that is how it feels to be a CNA. Mostof us are hardworking and dedicated. We all know that for some it is just a paycheck or a "title" and could not care less about the importance of what they do. But I think for the vast majority of us, we are dedicated and consider it an honor and a privilege to care for others, particularly the elderly.

I have a question: What does anyone out there reading this think about allowing Alzheimer's patients caffeine?

:rose:

Hey, sbrown! Why not allow Alz. pt.'s to have caffeine? If they have had coffee for a good part of their life, I say go for it!

Thumbs down Re: Welcome to the CNA Forum!

First, I just wanted to say Hi-I'm new and this is an awesome forum!! With that said, I need a little help--from anyone would be just lovely!! Okay...keep in mind that this is my first time at this forum & I'm not sure if I'm on the right page or not, I missed an inservice at the nursing home I work at & so I have to write a 300 word essay on ROM and Transferring Residents to make up for it. Well I've researched on the internet and come up with a lot of ROM material but I can't find anything at all on transferring residents. I mean, I know HOW to do it, but I need references. Does anyone know of a link that may help me:star:

Hi, nic, and welcome to the site. You did do a search on transfering patients, correct?

Here is one link, but it is in Power Point....
    Proper Body Mechanics Techniques for Patient Transfers, Bed Mobility ...

And another two.....Pulse | ajc.com

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/pubs/vide...stpbkinjhc.pdf

Hello all. My name is Ryan. I am glad to see that there is a place for CNA's to go and talk about things. I know I am a rare breed, but I am a male CNA. I have been in the medical field since I was 14. I was an EMT for 3 years and got into a CNA program to try in-facility care. I have to say it is a very rewarding job to be a CNA. Its definately a change from pre-hospital care, but I like it just as well. I am actually looking to go to LPN school here before long. My ultimate goal would be to obtain my RN and challenge the Paramedic exam here in Pennsylvania. The title, once the exam is passed, is known and Health Professional. I would be able to be on the street as a paramedic and could also work as a nurse on the inside as well.

I know I have put up quite a long reply on here, but I just wanted to give everyone a little bit of background on myself.

Thank You

Welcome, Ryan! One of my best CNA's is also named Ryan.....

Well thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it. Im sure Ill be on here frequently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast