WHAT has happened to nurse recruiting? No wonder there is such a NEED for military nurses-- the recruiters are spending so much time kissing a** of the New Grads who have NO idea what they are doing, rather than take a few extra steps to get a prior military EXPERIENCED RN back into AD....
I have spent OVER a year to try and get ANY Recruiter to help me get back to AD: I am an experienced ER nurse as well--have a MSN, and am NOW paying for my own Periop nurse program.... I have been a nurse for 9 years and have deployed as well: got off of AD in 04. This entire year has been like pulling teeth to try and get someone to get off their a** and get my packet rolling---- but if I were an INEXPERIENCED GN still wet behind the ears and have no clue how to even start an IV or do a dosage calculation without killing a patient--- boy they would be all over me I guess....

I have emailed, called, texted and finally got a nurse recruiter from San Antonio to get back with me, but now I can't even get him to email back. He says since I have "not worked the floor" in a year ( I took this year off to start my Doctrine and spend time with my kids for God sake..) that I will probably have to go back to bedside nursing "for a while" before I am qualified??? HA!!!!! I was a Director for Emergency/Trauma Reional Level III in Houston and I'm not "qualified" for Amry nursing?!!!! I'm certified in BLS, ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, NRP, and credenialed in FHM and Moderate Sedation for adults and peds..... Whatever.

ANYWAY--- THIS is where the military NC is at now, and it's sad that there (from what I HEAR) is such a shortage and that our troops (and fellow experienced nurses working 5-6 shifts a WEEK--- that was what I worked as a Navy NC ) are going through because I'm not , um... "qualified".

Let's hear it for the military nc>>>>