Thread: PBDS test for OB and NICU

PBDS test for OB and NICU

Can anyone email a study guide? I am a traveler and have a job on Women and Childrens, but have to take this test first.
    Thank You so much

Re: PBDS test for OB and NICU

This test is subjective and unfair. Even the website for the company that developed the test has a blurb stating that it is being unfairly used and misused to weed out travelers. Until we travelers start refusing assignments in those hospitals that require this test it will continue spreading and being used.

Re: PBDS test for OB and NICU

I've never taken this test but I have heard that it is unfair due to the fact that it is asking you to diagnose more than treat. I went on the website and I cannot find where it mentions that it is used specifically for travelers to weed them out. I fully believe the intentions were to assist healthcare facilities in making the right choices in selecting a healthcare clinician. Unfortunatley, I believe that many of these hospitals are going the cheap route and administering and scoring these exams bypassing the company. I spoke with a friend of mine who had to take the PBDS in Arizona and she did not pass it. However, when the person that administers it returned she regraded it and she passed. Again, I think it depends on who administers and who grades it. I know that this probably doesn't help your situation but if I were you I would be very careful about putting to much money into this trip because if you do not pass this you will be sent home most likely.