Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Fall Semester of 2007!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Happy Fall Semester of 2007!

Here's Good Luck wishes to all of you starting a new school semester. Hope you drop by when you get a chance.

'Cat'

Re: Happy Fall Semester of 2007!

I'm so glad to be done with school!

If I weren't, I'd be back in central Illinois right now sweating my bum off. lol

Any advice getting through a Med-Surg long-term care course.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

A course on LTC? What!? Since when did someone offer that?! :eek:

We had our first clinical day today. Other than me having trouble finding my way around the nursing home to meet the instructors and the other students (being two minutes late) today wasn't as hectic as I thought it would be

Well, and I cannot believe that the third week is almost already behind me in a seven week semester. Clinical is going well enough on a skilled nursing unit. However, after prepping for one patient I discovered she was in the hospital, the next didn't want a male caregiver, so now I'm on the third for tomorrow. Where/Are most people's clinicals graded (i.e. a letter grade assigned) or where they pass fail? Our's are pass/fail, but I really think they should be graded. I spent a week working on a presentation, which everyone told me was excellent, but get no grade other that pass or satisfactory.

Theory is not going to well. The adjunct instructor is horrible. A common response to any question is, "I don't know." Or, "Look in your book." She's very dictator like type of instructor, and never admits a mistake.

Well this course really blows thus far. Why does someone make up a test with 50% of the questions related to only 1/8th of the lecture notes? I made the dean's list last semester and I'm going to end up failing this course. WTF!?!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquidNewNurse View Post
    Well this course really blows thus far. Why does someone make up a test with 50% of the questions related to only 1/8th of the lecture notes? I made the dean's list last semester and I'm going to end up failing this course. WTF!?!

Lol, I know how you feel. I don't think our lectures touch very much on what we're tested on since I seem to pull a whole lot more info from what's in the books and online quizzes. I've missed a couple of deadlines this week and I'm wondering when I'm going to be branded as a problem student by the instructors that's going to need to be washed out of the program. I definitely feel like I'm getting a running start for next week though

Just wondering, does the OldSquid part of you screen name have anything to do with the Navy?

Quote Originally Posted by piecebypiece View Post
    Lol, I know how you feel. I don't think our lectures touch very much on what we're tested on since I seem to pull a whole lot more info from what's in the books and online quizzes. I've missed a couple of deadlines this week and I'm wondering when I'm going to be branded as a problem student by the instructors that's going to need to be washed out of the program. I definitely feel like I'm getting a running start for next week though

Just wondering, does the OldSquid part of you screen name have anything to do with the Navy?

Yes, I was a corpsman in the Navy for five years (1996-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSquidNewNurse View Post
    Yes, I was a corpsman in the Navy for five years (1996-2001)
    Cool, me too! I was in from Oct 1996 to May 2003.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast