Thread: Repaying Student Loans

Repaying Student Loans

I'm looking for some feedback about smart ways to go about paying for and/or repaying student loans for nursing school, and also for guidance about areas to work in and degrees to seek. I'm 29 now, and will be 30 when I start an accelerated BSN program this August and 31 when I finish. I'm seriously considering going directly into an MSN program after the BSN, but will base that decision on how well I do in the BSN program and then following that how eager I am to get into the workforce. I'm interested in working in interesting locations, and on technically challenging problems where I can be semi-autonomous. My school offers a loan repayment program through the HCA corporation. It requires 2 years of work in order to repay most costs. I've also investigated repayment opportunities with the federal government,too. All seem to require 2 years of work in exchange for some repayment of loans. Any thoughts, criticisms or "I wish I would haves..." would be appreciated.
    ryder

Re: Repaying Student Loans

When thinking of funding do not hesitate to consider the military as a source of funding. Web sites such as Airforce.com and Army.com have information about health profession scholarships and loan repayment options. I started out 22 years ago with a BSN and the Air Force paid for my masters degree and multiple certifications.

hi all RN here from the uk but gotta take this darn test u call nclex anybody taking it?, love to b able to practise some stuff witha few peeps

Quote Originally Posted by ryder View Post
    I'm looking for some feedback about smart ways to go about paying for and/or repaying student loans for nursing school, and also for guidance about areas to work in and degrees to seek. I'm 29 now, and will be 30 when I start an accelerated BSN program this August and 31 when I finish. I'm seriously considering going directly into an MSN program after the BSN, but will base that decision on how well I do in the BSN program and then following that how eager I am to get into the workforce. I'm interested in working in interesting locations, and on technically challenging problems where I can be semi-autonomous. My school offers a loan repayment program through the HCA corporation. It requires 2 years of work in order to repay most costs. I've also investigated repayment opportunities with the federal government,too. All seem to require 2 years of work in exchange for some repayment of loans. Any thoughts, criticisms or "I wish I would haves..." would be appreciated.
    ryder
    I would recommend you consolidate your student loans. I did the same to lower my student loans and make my payments much lower.