Thread: Saturday, September 8th, 2007

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Saturday, September 8th, 2007

Mornin' all! It's the weekend already; showed up pretty quick, eh? So, does anyone have anything wonderful planned? Me....take the car in for oil change and pay a bill. After that is anyone's guess.

At least the weather is quite nice. The trip to the airport was pretty uneventful. When I left the house, the south bound traffic was a mess, and I 'just knew' returning home would be a snarl. Was wrong! It was actually a decent trip both ways. Still, better to be safe....

Till later all!

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Saturday, September 8th, 2007

I got called off today...voluntary. I got up a little late and took my shower and was pouring my drink at 5:45 (I leave at 6) and they called and wanted to know if I wanted to stay home I said sure. My son has asked if I'd take him to the library today (it's only a couple of blocks away) I told him he had plenty of books to read but he says those are boring and he has different interests (he's in an advanced class for 3rd grade but the book assigned is more of a girls book and he's not interested in that at all so really still bored) he'd rather read some non-fiction science book but they got Little House in the Big woods. He has a ballgame at 3 today so if I don't have to go in then I'll go to that.

Worked 7p shift lastnight.. my 3rd night of orientation as a new LPN grad! So today i slept.. and now Im going to spend the rest of the day studying for RN year that just started! It looks like its a nice day outside here, though ill just check it out through the window
    J. Smith, L.P.N

Jess, you still need to enjoy the nice weather while you can. Do so while taking a break, 'k?

Cass, maybe your son should also read 'Farmer Boy', the story about Almanzo. I do living History, and the kids back then did some mighty interesting things. Oh, yeah....they were 'cheap' labor, but then again, look at the times. Imagine actually walking to school, and NOT having seperate rooms for every grade. One learned out of a shared book....

'Cat'

Member Extraordinaire

Just got up- slept all day (just got done working 4 12-hr nights in a row- seems like every drunk crazy person in town came in last night! My husband is home in WI this weekend- visiting family & taking our dog to the vet Monday, so I'm off tonight, home alone- I just threw in some laundry & ordered some Chinese- time to find a sappy chick flick to watch on TV......

Well, DH and I just crawled in from dinner out, and B&N....a sometime habit of ours. Celebrating our anniversary a few days early. Seeing as I don't have to get up early anymore (or, at least for the next few days....) I am staying up for a while tonite.

Glad everyone's had a pretty good day.

'Cat'