Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narcotic Restriction

Re: Narcotic Restriction

TNPAP is Tennessee Professional Assistance Program. I am supposed to hear sometime Wed. what directives I will have to perform to get my suspended license re-instated. I do know that my license will be on probation for 3 years along with a 3 year monitoring contract with TNPAP. I started my job today and even though I am blessed to have it, it is belittling to be a telemetry tech. However I know I deserve this for a while.
    I pray you get the job you are interviewing with today. By the way...I applied at Dillards and they did not call me back and Walgreens said I was over qualified to be a Cashier.
    I guess they know there is something wrong if you have a nursing degree and are applying for job there.

JACRN1~~ I am also a participant of TNPAP. I hope you received some answers today (Wed) regarding your directives. My clean date is 12-13-2005 but I had to go through IOP until May 2005 before I could start my contract. I have a 3 year contract. All in all, life is good and recovery is wonderful. Hugs!

I am glad things are going well for you Sophie. I was told by my evaluator that I did not qualify for Residential in-patient treatment because I have been clean for over a year, but TNPAP told me today that in-patient is what is required...and a special program for health care professionals because my drug of choice was Demerol IM.
    They tell me that I have 5-7days to comply. I am the sole support financially for my family and I no longer have insurance. I am willing to go through it if I could, but cant lose my family's home and they have to eat. TNPAP does not think that is very important.....they say that I am making excuses! I guess I really do have to say goodbye to being a Nurse. I guess I am lucky that I have not been charged with a criminal offense.
    However, I do wish the best to you and everyone else who is successful in retaining their license through such adversity.

hi

i hope you are still on this forum- since your post was from 2007
    it is now 2013 and i/m just reading because i am in the same boat
    and reading this has given my so much hope
    and advice i haven't gleaned from anyone else

thank you so much
    dingos

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dingos View Post
    hi

i hope you are still on this forum- since your post was from 2007
    it is now 2013 and i/m just reading because i am in the same boat
    and reading this has given my so much hope
    and advice i haven't gleaned from anyone else

thank you so much
    dingos
    Hi Dingos - hang in there it does get better - If you live in the Southern California Pasadena/Los Angeles area I can turn you on to a very Diversion friendly employer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12