Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M U G (Mens Unbifurcated Garments)

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: M U G (Mens Unbifurcated Garments)

Oh, if f you haven't checked out the band's site....they have a new CD out. One of the songs is called 'Plaid to the Bone'.

Glad to see this bumped up again!

Went to the Renaissance Fair yesterday. Wore Kilts with the family plaid and crest. Sword on my hip, with a matching dagger also. I had forgotten how comfortable a way to dress like that when its 95 degrees and sunny like it was in Waxahatchie, Texas yesterday. Should wear Kilts more often. Trouble is we are surrounded by too many Republicans in Dallas area, who would find fault with it somehow.

There are some Republicans up North, who wear a knife in their sock with their Hunting Stewart plaid. No-one would dare take on the wearer.

My sword and dagger for the outfit were from Angel Sword Handmade Custom Swords. Pricey, but really the best and highest quality. But if you really like swords go and look at their site. They have such an edge to them.

OK, it's been a while since this thread was up.

I am look forward to this years Renaissance fair this spring.I have even bought a new sword to show off down there. My Kilt and tunic are clean and ready to go. So am I

Well it is fair time again already. What a way to spend a weekend. Not acting my age having fun. Wearing a kilt, carrying a sword and a dagger. Eating more than I usually do. Drinking ale.

Wow, a lot of old threads on this forum. But that's okay, this one is particularly near and dear to my Celtic heart.

I'm an ADN student in Southern California, own two kilts, Cameron Of Erract, and a Utilikilt in OD Green, and I play the bagpipes. On graduation day, I'd like to lead my graduating class down the aisle while playing a piping tune called "The Nurse's Song". It's a march, so it will be appropriate as opposed to other tunes being a strathspey, jig, or reel.

Anyway, kilts are comfortable, and I wear mine when I can. Work won't allow it, but that's no big deal, there are plenty of opportunities and I go with it when I can.

Living in the northeast where there are large groups of people of English/Irish/Scottish and Welsh descent, I see a lot of kilts but now more than ever. It's not just uniform worn by men in pipe and drum corps or Celtic bands either, these are young guys who seem to be interested in the untraditional. I think it's pretty cool.

R

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast