Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M U G (Mens Unbifurcated Garments)

Thumbs up M U G (Mens Unbifurcated Garments)

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: M U G (Mens Unbifurcated Garments)

Yeah, real men DO wear kilts! My husband has the Hunting Stewart right now.

There's a song by a Celtic band we listen to, entitled 'Real men wear kilts'. Song's pretty cool....

'Cat'

Right on -- is there a link to the Celtic band?

I love my kilt(s) -- I always wear my kilt to work on the last day of my assignment.

What is under the my Kilt -- "Only my wife knows" for the ladies and "Same member as you only bigger" for the guys.

The name of the band is Highland Reign. Here is the link: HighlandReign - HOME

Luv it -- Thanks for the Link

Ricu

Don't know how we stumbled onto the subject of kilts but it's an interesting departure. The links are pretty enlightening and humorous too. I don't have a kilt but know several guys who do. One plays the bag pipes and wears his kilt whenever he plays. The other guy works in a local music shop and his kilt is more of a leather skirt and it goes well with his goth look. I'm seeing more kilts out there all the time.

There was an interesting but sad article in a local paper awhile ago about a highschool kid who was suspended for wearing inappropriate attire to his senior prom. It seems that this guy- a football celebrity too, became interested in his Scottish ancestry and did extensive research. He put together a complete ensemble including kilt and wore it while presenting his report to class. It seems that he made a very positive impression among the students and decided to wear the outfit to the prom. The administration wasn't impressed and his coach made a disparaging remark. The kid was suspended but due to the outrage among the parents and student body, there was a hearing and the suspension was repealed. Instead of celebrating this kid's effort and willingness to step outside of himself a little, the leaders in this school community mocked him. Doesn't it do your hearts good to hear about innovative thinking among our nation's educators?

R

Like I said, HR has a song out called 'Real Men Wear Kilts'. Les really puts his heart into it, too.

I feel sorry for that kid who got suspended. I know I call it a skirt, juuust to get my husbands goat, but to be honest, it IS part of his heritage. I would NOT want to get in the way of some of the Highlanders on a kick..... One re-enactor I know is as tall as my husband, but has about 80 pounds on him. If he were to paint himself blue, and be found on a battle field.....I'd feel sorry for the fool who'd take him on.

... I'd like to add the bagpipes make an awesome sound. In fact, if any of you kilt wearing dudes can recommend a CD with nothing but the bagpipes playing I'd much appreciate.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Doh! Got one here at home. Well, one that is all 'pipes. HR incorporates the pipes into a few of their songs, also. In fact, had Les play the pipes in honour of a resident of mine several years ago. Was going to get him to play Scotland the Brave', but ended up being Amazing Grace. BTW, Mag...res. was a Navy vet. Was equally appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Doh! Got one here at home. Well, one that is all 'pipes. HR incorporates the pipes into a few of their songs, also. In fact, had Les play the pipes in honour of a resident of mine several years ago. Was going to get him to play Scotland the Brave', but ended up being Amazing Grace. BTW, Mag...res. was a Navy vet. Was equally appropriate.

On the next care pkg. you could send me a CD of bagpipe music.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast