Thread: nursing alternatives please.

Exclamation nursing alternatives please.

Hy I wonder if anyone out there has any advise. My RN license has been revoke, I beleive for at least 3 years. I was diverting and was given the chance to participate in IPN; however while on IPN got cougth several times and finally even after license suspended whent into hospitals in search of any opiates, untill finally arrested and charge with a felony. Needless to say my license was revoke and I also have a criminal record. This has made my job situation almost umberable, I have an AS in nursing and an AS in medical laboratory tchology. Does anyone knows were can I sek employment. Any thougth on nursing in othr countries. I have bee clean for 1 year, so even if I could reinstate my license it wount be possible for at least 2 years.
    I would greatlly apresiate any coments or advise. Carlitos EX_RN

Re: nursing alternatives please.

Congratulations on being clean for a year!
    I have one concern about nursing in other countries or making any major moves or changes. I just had my second AA/NA birthday on August 14. The first couple of years we are still pretty wacko and need to stay close to our support people. I realize survival and a paycheck are also important but putting yourself out on a limb might not be conducive to keeping a job or staying clean.
    With the criminal charges it might be difficult to get a job in any sort of health care for the next year or two. It might be a good idea to concentrate wholly on recovery and getting well enough so that when you are allowed to practice again you will be ready to do so.
    Is your driver's license affected? If it isn't, one thought might be to work with durable medical equipment, oxygen delivery, that sort of thing. I don't know if that is do-able but it is a thought.
    My prayers are with you.
    A woman is like a teabag. She never knows how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Elenore Roosefelt

Re: nursing alternatives please.

Hi- I am in the same situation. I abuses opiates for only 3 months, got caught and went to inpatient and outpatient treatments. I am currently TRYING to get my license reinstated but I will be on probation for 3 years and have to be supervised while giving narcotics. Where can I find someone to hire me????