Thread: what are the options in the drug screens

what are the options in the drug screens

i am a nurse in the pa phmp/vrp and am involved in a nurse recovery group. we have had alot of discussion lately about the various options and what they are as far as what is being tested. there is still alot of talk about this etg/ ets. and some say it is not even being used now by our test lab. does anyone really have any good info about this and maybe what the options are. i am frequently tested for 3 and 7 but lately was picked for 4. anyone know what this is. thanks

Re: what are the options in the drug screens

Your question intrigued me and so I did a search. I found a web site called
    Erowid. It has some good information about different types of tests and breaks it down by individual chemical types. This site looks like it could also be used by people who want to avoid "getting caught" so I share this info with caution. They do not advertise that but I just get a gut feeling when I read their mission statement. The information on types of testing might be helpful, though, so I hope this helps answer your question.
    Thank you for serving our country. GOD bless you.
    A woman is like a teabag. She never knows how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Elenore Roosefelt

you are welcome. i am a 51 y/o male nurse who has served faithfull and without question intimes and circumstances that where a detriment to my health. i recently tried to re-enlist at the ripe age of 50 and would proudly go oversees agian. it is difficult sometimes wheni am seen as an addict and not as a defender of our freedoms .

I am so sorry people are like that. You are the salt of the earth as far as I am concerned. I see veterans so many times get the crumbs in health care when they deserve the best. I have been a nurse for 34 years and always feel privaleged to care for a vet. My dad was a SeeBee in WWII. My brother and I are traveling to Lancaster, Pa. next month to the 79th Batallion reunion. Dad's been gone since 1992 but he attended a few times before he died. I inherited his disease and now that I am so much more enlightened and in recovery I wish I could talk to him about it.
    They should have let you re-enlist. My husband is 59 and a Viet Nam vet, a former Marine also. When the towers were hit he wanted to start up a Geezer patrol and go over, kick ass and take names.
    How long have you been in recovery? I have been clean and sober for a little over 2 years. I turned 50 right after I got out of treatment. I was very fortunate that my license was not involved but I had enough consequences besides that to keep me humble and very grateful.
    I am working on my masters and my project is a continuing ed program for nurses on alcoholism and addiction. Because of what you are experiencing is one of my reasons for doing it; there are too many of our colleagues who have their heads up their butts due to ignorance, fear and/or denial (in my opinion, that is).
    Forgive me for rattling on and on. GOD bless you.
    A woman is like a teabag. She never knows how strong she is until she gets in hot water. Elenore Roosefelt