Thread: American Mobile Stinks!

American Mobile Stinks!

Hello all, I know that some people have had good exeriences with them but they have done nothing but jerk me around for the last month. I have yet to find a job and they act like its my fault. I told them that I was going with another agency and all of a sudden they were talking contract on a job that was not officially offered to me yet! I have been talking to Sophia S. at MedStaff and she is wonderful. Within 1 week I have four interviews and 1 job offer. Hopefully things will work out and I will have a job by the end of the day.

joanne

Re: American Mobile Stinks!

I agree. They have additional contracts with hospitals that will not allow you to return to that hospital with an agency for six months after you leave. That sounds a little insecure to me. If AMN is one of the largest companies out there, what do they have to fear from the little companies? There are 5 different branches of AMN, talk to each one to get the best deal, some offer more money and incentives than others. I don't recommend Preferred Health, one of the recruiters recently got on her high horse regarding nursing salaries. I am sorry nursing classes are offered to everyone and I choose to attend and I guess she decided to sit behind a desk. I work psych units and have been chased, bitten, slapped, kicked, and have changed adult diapers. No one sitting behind a safe little desk is going to tell me that there should be a cap on what nurses make.

People, who think nurses make to much money, do not feel that way when they are the ones lying in a hospital bed. I wonder do they ever look up and wander is this a disgruntle nurse taking care of me? Did the nurse get enough sleep or where was he/she on the phone all day fighting with recruiters?

AMN the biggest company and the worst incentives!!!!!

Large company that does not know the right hand from the left. Terrible with getting your pay correct. WHATCH YOUR STUB LIKE A HAWK. They will nickle and dime you to death. Also, will offer one nurse one package and you another with different pay rates while you work in the same dept. and same hours. Less than honest practices.

I did an assignment w NursesRX which is one of American Mobile companies and terrible customer service.They are so nice at first and then once you are working, they could care less about you. I would call my recruiter w a question and they would tell me to call the travler hotline/ custormer service #, I called twice and you get a tape machine to leave your question and each time they called a week later.... very poor.
    Plus they won't tell you where you will be housed until after contract is signed. My pay was on time and correct.:nurse-rofl:

CALLING ALL OR RN TRAVELERS***HOT NEED*** CA License Req.
    $$, Benefits, Housing ASAP Start ***888-865-7828 Patricia Miller***

hey all current travel nurses I am an experienced dialysis nurse looking to start traveling, who are to good travel companies out there, are there any?

Im just completing my first assignement with MedStaff and my recruiter Jane is AMAZING however I would say that company as a whole is rather mediocre. I have had multple issues with my assignment, pay etc but Jane has gone way above and beyond to try to make things right.
    I also have to say my housing was excellent and tailored to my specific requests.

MedStaff doesnt pay as well as some other agencies but I havent had any of the nightmare experiences I've heard from other travelers. And, just FYI, they also have a clause that prevents you from working at the same place with another travel company for 90 days.
    :cool-nurse:
    Best of Luck to You!