Thread: after being submitted

after being submitted

After being submitted how long does it "typically" take for a facility to call and interview a traveler?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: after being submitted

Usually within a couple of days- some places take longer than others, especially if the nurse manager is out of the office- if you haven't heard anything in a couple of days, call your recruiter.

My recruiter states that I was submitted for a job in Phoenix on Monday, but I have not heard anything as of yet....I'm getting frustrated. I want to be working by the end the 3rd week of October...is that unrealistic?

Member Extraordinaire

Not realistic at all- especially if you already have your license- I would call Monday & talk to your recruiter- have him or her call the facility to find out what the deal is.

okay...so I talked to my recruiter and he has come with excuses...pay roll due on Monday, nurse manager at meetings. Is it that UNrealtistic to be working by the 23rd? Should I look at contacting another travel coompany? According to the recruiter I have been submitted for 6 positions as of last week. I can't believe that not even one contacted me. I've always been asked to extend and to return when finishing a contract so I know it isn't due to poor references or performane. Please advise.

Member Extraordinaire

sorry, I meant that it's not UN realistic for you to want to be working by the 23rd if you already have your license. Yes, I would travel another travel company. It's always best to have more than one company looking for you, and if they KNOW that you have other companies looking for you, that will motivate them to try harder for you!

It's in the facilities hands; they can interview anywhere from a couple of hours of submission up to 4 weeks. We travel companies are at the mercy of the nurse managers and get as frustrated as the nurses. Realistically speaking we only get paid when a nurse gets paid, so we want to get you the job ASAP. My motivation is not knowing that a nurse is working with other companies; my motivation is to get you a job as soon as I can, so I can get paid also. All recruiters work on commission, if you don't get paid, I don't; and that's not good for either of us. My other motivation is bonding with the nurse and having an honest relationship. I consider a couple of my travel nurses best friends. We visit eachother and look out for eachother. All in all, you need to find a recruiter that you can trust with all your heart.