Thread: Return to Nursing!

Return to Nursing!

Hi all, just joined the site today. Have been practicing as a trial attorney for the past 10 years but have decided to return to nursing! Just completed the didactic portion of the NC RN refresher program and hope to complete the clincial portion in January and then return to patient care full time. I had to re-take the NCLEX to get my license back after having been out of school for over 15 years! Passed in 75 questions and am now a licensed RN in both PA and NC. Exciting but a little intimidating. I am wondering what kind of reception a former malpractice attorney returning to nursing will get????

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Return to Nursing!

Quote Originally Posted by LACRNJD View Post
    Hi all, just joined the site today. Have been practicing as a trial attorney for the past 10 years but have decided to return to nursing! Just completed the didactic portion of the NC RN refresher program and hope to complete the clincial portion in January and then return to patient care full time. I had to re-take the NCLEX to get my license back after having been out of school for over 15 years! Passed in 75 questions and am now a licensed RN in both PA and NC. Exciting but a little intimidating. I am wondering what kind of reception a former malpractice attorney returning to nursing will get????
    Glad to meet you, LACRNJD! IMHO, I would love working with you, as you'd be able to keep us posted as to what could be potential 'trial' material.

I see you haven't really 'forgotten' nursing, as you did so well on Board re-takes.

We do have a Legal Nurse Consultant's Forum....am sure your knowledge would be helpful there. Here's to seeing many more of your posts!

'Cat'

Re: Return to Nursing!

Thanks for the warm reception! I will definitely check out the LNC forum and I look forward to reading and posting on the site! Thanks again to everyone who has been so friendly!