Thread: Transition

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Transition

Well I went before my DEC today and received tramnsition! Now all I have to do is pee test for anotherear and I'm out - Of course I'm still Going to go for meetings and such but It's a huge relief especially with a positive etg in the past 6 mos.

My advice to those who struggle with these programs is to stay humble and gratefull remember that anything we allow this disease to take from us can be regained. Do what the boards tell you without question or complaint, work your 12-step program and stay humble you too will get through this. Remember if God took you to it He'll take you through it.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Smile Re: Transition

Congratulations! Getting transition is a great feeling. My DEC granted my transition in January; only 92 more days and this journey is finished! I think you will be amazed at how quickly the year will fly by? Now that you have no restrictions on your practice; what do you want do? I am very happy for you and wish you a great year ahead.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Transition

Not really sure what I want to do right now - I'm actually kind of happy where I'm at - Psych is not just a job - it's an adventure. Except for the fact that the pay sucks - they've been pretty good to me there. they've worked with me through the whole diversion - started there as a non-patient care then as a staff nurse now with transition I'm in line for a charge nurse position - add that to 8 hr shifts 5 minutes from home and my kid's school. They may even contribute to my Master's degree.

Gotta say though it's been a pain - I can't honestly say I be sober (or alive) today had it not been for diversion.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re: Transition

Blessings, blessings and still more blessing to you for standing and staying the course. Hppy, You Rock!

Re: Transition

But For The Grace Of God. Use Your Program And Remember Where You Have Been Because To Forget Is To Doom Yourself To Repeat Your Mistakes.
    Good Luck And God Blessssss.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.