Thread: Need your comments on a new product

Need your comments on a new product

Fellow nurses. I am a labor and delivery nurse(20 years) and have developed a new product for use in my field. I have just finished manufacturing and am now selling a cervical dilation guide to be kept right in your pocket. I have gotten rave reviews in my local vicinity, but am wondering how the rest of the country would review this. If you have the time please visit my website pocketdilationguide.com and let me know what you think. I would particularly like to know what other OB nurses and OB nurse educators think. Would you buy it, use it, need it, etc. Also, any suggestions on how to get the word out to other OB nurses? Since advertising is so expensive that's not an option for me right now, but I truly believe other OB nurses would find this helpful.

Re: Need your comments on a new product

I was not able to find your web site. Any suggestions?

Member Extraordinaire

It looked like it could be useful to some but not something I would use. The only thing I carry is my ink pen, locker key and maybe a couple of dollars I don't wear my lab coat unless leaving the unit. When I explain dilitation to a patient in labor I hold up fingers and show them. It might be helpful for students, family practice, nursing school instructors, new grads, lamaze class but I can't see any of my co-workers carring it in their pocket either. We wear scrubs with a patch pocket on top and 1 on the bottom not much room for anything there.

To find the website go to www.pocketdilationguide.com. You may be typing in dialation in error? Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate all the comments.

Hello Opus,

You might find the website http://www.nursingentrepreneurs.com useful, it's a directory of nurse-owned businesses. Would you consider doing an interview type article on your enterprise?

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

your product looks great! it should be a great tool for anyone learning and practicing OB care. an accurate assessment is important while monitoring a laboring woman's progress.

with this tool, the user can be more sensitive to and better able to appreciate small changes.

well done.

l

I went to the website, saw the product, and think it's a great idea. It's been a number of years since I did OB nursing, but I sure could have used it when I started. The design and material look very practical and the price is right. Well done!

Opus, I am also an OB nurse. I went to your website and purchased one of your guides. I love it. I showed it to the other nurses at work and they're all saying "why didn't I think of that." I've been an OB nurse for several years, but I'll still use it. Wish it had been around when I first started doing exams. Best of luck to you.

Thank you so much for all of your comments. This is a product that I truly believe in or I wouldn't have had the courage to take it this far. When you are trying to present a new concept to the world sometimes it seems like an uphill battle. One thing is certain, a dilation guide you can keep in your pocket will never not exist again. Thank you to those of you who have bought it and are enjoying using it. That is the success right there.