Hello! I am about to state some awkward information and probably ask an awkward question. I am a registered nurse from the Columbus, Ohio area with an AAS. My background ranges from step-down to ICU levels of care including Open Heart Recovery. Approximately a year and a half ago I found my self with an addiction problem and was let go from a well know Columbus hospital system for diversion. Since that time, I have been through rehabilitation and entered into a consent agreement with the Ohio Board of Nursing. As part of this agreement, I have a narcotics suspension that could be reviewed and lifted in a year once I find a position that requires an RN license for one year's time. Seems like a chicken and egg paradox to me. This agreement also provides me with rigorous monitoring and drug testing that I would be more than happy to allow an employer access to if given the chance. I have worked very hard all my life first to obtain my nursing license, secondly to regain sobriety and am now working hard to re-obtain a job in the field I love. I would appreciate the opportunity to work hard again. Does any one have any suggestions for recovery friendly employers? I have contacted the Red Cross and plasma donation centers, dialysis centers, the department of corrections and rehab facilities. The ECF's I have contacted have all but laughed in my face.