Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: talemed or access nurses

Re: talemed or access nurses

thanx a lot for sharing your info. i'll be more aggressive. see u in Colorado. :-)

OH my! A recruiter should know better... I laugh at the recruiter if he offers less than $30. You make sure and have a good chuckle next time someone offers you $21/hr. Remember, HE is recruiting you! You are valuable and skilled.
    That makes me mad. It makes no sense...he is probably paying his 90 year old mother's plumber and landscapers $50/hr at her empty home, and the nurse taking care of her internal plumbing and her skin care at the LTC is probably making half that! (especially if he recruited her nurse!)
    I apologize for the rant, it's not my normal post.
    :cool:

it's good to let it out!!! i have never traveled before and as you can understand i am very green. thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge. this site is very helpful!!!
    can anybody tell me of a decent nurse recruiter who can hook me up in the Denver, boulder area? thank you

Member Extraordinaire

Nico- I travel with RN Network. You can check them out at Travel Nursing Jobs :: RN Network and if their benefits match what you're looking for, send me a PM & I'll send you my recruiter's info.

nico -

hubby travels with RTG Medical: RTG Medical PM me if you would like his recruiter's name & number.

RTG is a pretty small company so comparing them and RN Network would be interesting. For what it's worth, if we had chosen to go with a large company it would have been RN Network.

It's supposed to be sunny and in the 60's in Denver today with snow on the way Tuesday :-)

Smile Re: talemed or access nurses

thank you very much everybody.i have signed up with access nurses. i have found a day shift in a ccu in colorado springs and i am realy happy with that. i hope everything goes through. thanks again for the info to everyone. nico

Member Extraordinaire

Nico- good luck to you, but I hope you didn't take a travel assignment that is only paying $21/hr.........

Nico,
    I would be curious to know the acuity/nurse/pt ratio and how stressful or non-stressful the Colorado job turns out to be.
    I work ICU/ CCU and everyplace is different, but I have never worked in that state before.
    Give us an update on the details when you can.
    Good Luck!
    :cool:

Smile Re: talemed or access nurses

the pay is 24.75, after housing and $600 of stipend for insurance for my whole family. i am pretty happy with that ( maybe i am a sucker!!!lol).
    the manager sounds cool, she said that scheduling is flexible and that i could have an extra day of orientation if i needed. so far so good. i'll keep posting of course. nico

Member Extraordinaire

Good luck to you, but I really think you could have done a lot better...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast