Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: talemed or access nurses

Re: talemed or access nurses

I recently posted about Access.. please read it

This thread is a little old but thought I could give my 2 cents about Colorado.
    Its a GREAT place to live, esp. if you like outdoors type of activities, there are whole foods everywhere and nobody honks at you!
    PPl are more laid back and don't dress up all the time, more like you will see people looking like they are going camping or skiing.
    Anyways.
    I worked as a Staff nurse at Denver Health Level 1 trauma center.
    I really liked it a lot, my first job and stayed 3 yrs.
    It is probably the best paying hosp. in Denver. I started out in 05 as a new grad at ~23/hr, usually got close to 1hr/raise +1/hr COL increase. it also had GREAT benefits, you do NOT have to pay SS Tax, you get a 401a which means they put the money in an acct and its in your name! they match like 6% then up to another 3-6% i think. Health ins. is also great, never had to pay for blood draw, x-rays or MRI.
    Anyways, they do use travelers.
    It is a little hard to get on there as permanent staff since they implemented a new interview process with lengthly questionnaire... My mom who has been a nurse for 28+ yrs didn't pass. they ask you stupid non-work related questions like, do you pay your bills on time? etc..
    And the people that do pass.... one girl got caught sleeping on the ICU family waiting room beds, and another time in an ICU room, for SEVERAL hrs..

Anyways, if you want to know anything about Colorado let me know. I used to work for an ambulance company and transported to all the hospitals in Colorado Springs (there are more than 2 hosp, they just aren't that big), i also lived in Pueblo and Denver.

Nico,
    I accepted a contract with Access Nurses for a placement in Modesto Ca. After flying all the way across the U S and renting a car, I attempted to check into my apartment and was told by the apartment staff my lease had been canceled by the Access Nurses office. I called my recruiter who told me my contract was canceled the previous evening. She told me to wait and she would fix everything. After 45 minutes I called her again and suggested that I stay in a motel until this fiasco could be corrected. She told me that she had no authority to assure a reimbursement and there was no supervisor to approve that expense. I called the Access Nurses office and after explaining my delima was assured a supervisor would return my call. I didn't hear from them for 2 days and then changed my plane ticket to return home.
    I called the office that next week, and emailed my recruiter twice. my calls were not returned.
    After 2 weeks I wrote the CEO of the company and was told my expenses would not be reimbursed (1700.00) unless I wouked for the company.
    Be careful with this company. If you do a search on this site and others you will be hard pressed to find anything positive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123