Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: talemed or access nurses

talemed or access nurses

i am about to sign on my first assignement. i am planning to go to colorado and i have 2 companies in mind: talemed and access nurses.
    has anybody worked for them?
    also, i am planning to start working in january and some nurse recruiters say that the jobs in colorado are posted late, that i would not find out about my assignement before the middle of december. is anybody familiar with this? r the recruiters pulling my leg?
    any response is appreciated. thanx

Re: talemed or access nurses

my husband works in Colorado a lot and I don't think he's ever had more than 2 weeks advance notice for a travel position - in Colorado or anywhere actually. There are plenty of jobs in CO so I wouldn't worry too much about finding one, just be ready to go with short notice. Good luck!

I am currently working with TaleMed and I don't have any issues. They found a job in one day after my contract had been cancelled by the hospital in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWest View Post
    my husband works in Colorado a lot and I don't think he's ever had more than 2 weeks advance notice for a travel position - in Colorado or anywhere actually. There are plenty of jobs in CO so I wouldn't worry too much about finding one, just be ready to go with short notice. Good luck!
    thanks a lot for your reply. i am planning to be in the denver or boulder area. is there any hospitals your husband likes to work at? thanks again. nico

My husband has never worked in the Denver area because we have a pitbull mix and they are banned there :-(

Member Extraordinaire

I recently spoke with a recruiter with Access Nurses, and I wasn't impressed. I was quoted an hourly rate for a potential assignment in San Diego, then was told that the rate would be without benefits or housing. When I told him that I expected to make at LEAST $30/hr including benefits & housing, he actually laughed at me, and told me it wasn't possible!!! I told him that if that was the case, it wouldn't be possible for me to deal with Access Nurses......

that's interesting!! access nurses has offered me $21/hour. plus housing and a $400 stipend for my family's insurance. i was told i would have made $30/ hour.
    are they pulling my leg or is that the ongoing rate for CO?

I don't get how your pay would go from $21/hour with the $400 insurance stipend to $30 hour without? $400/mo comes out to about $2.50 hour assuming a 40 hour work week.

For comparison: Hubby's average pay in Colorado (other than Denver) has been $30 - 35 hour plus housing & travel; Denver should be on the high end. He works ER only; we opt for no benefits since I get those through my job and his company does not usually pay completion or other bonuses.

Hope that helps. I'd be interested to hear what others are getting for Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWest View Post
    I don't get how your pay would go from $21/hour with the $400 insurance stipend to $30 hour without? $400/mo comes out to about $2.50 hour assuming a 40 hour work week.

For comparison: Hubby's average pay in Colorado (other than Denver) has been $30 - 35 hour plus housing & travel; Denver should be on the high end. He works ER only; we opt for no benefits since I get those through my job and his company does not usually pay completion or other bonuses.

Hope that helps. I'd be interested to hear what others are getting for Colorado.
    access nurses had promised me $ 30 when we had started talking about possibilities. 2 days ago they said that the pay would have been about $ 21 including housing and a stipend for the family's insurance ( $ 400). it sounds very little to me and i am thankful for your info. has your husband ever bargained over the payrate? i don't want to compromise the relationship with the recruiter but i also don't want to be taken advantage of. any suggestions? thanx!!!

Yes, he's bargained over the payrate, housing stipend, everything but IMHO it's important to feel comfortable with the company you work for and have confidence that they are treating you fairly. You do want to have a good relationship with your recruiter, but remember that you are a valuable commodity!
    I would advise you to check out some other companies. Ask what specifially their pay rate includes (hourly rate, housing, benefits, per diem allowance, etc) to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. If your recruiter has a problem with that then maybe you should wonder why.
    Whatever you do, don't miss out on coming to Colorado....it is so beautiful here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast