Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NCLEX has changed

Exclamation The NCLEX has changed

The nclex has changed. It changes every 4 years and it now focuses a lot on delegation and prioritization. There is a lot of free resources here:
    FREE Practice Nclex Questions and EXAMS - New Format Questions Included. caring4you NCLEX NCLEX Financial Aid Help Available

You have to understand the concept behind the nclex and not just memorize the nclex because the nclex is not about memorization.

Caring4you Nclex Seminar

I hope this helps.

anneliese,RN
    Caring4You--Anneliese,RN,BSN,CLNC
    "healing the community by caring 4 you"

Re: The NCLEX has changed

Thank You for the link, I am graduating in December and hope to take the NCLEX end of Jan. or beginning of Feb. hopefully. I see on your link that disaster training and WMD/bioterriorism are big subjects. This is the first time I have heard anything on this topic before, how accurate is that information do you think? Also what about alternative formats on the NCLEX? I have heard that there are questions with multiple answers and listing things in order, like steps of CPR. What percentage of questions should I expect in these formats? Are there any other alternative formats then these two? My head of the BSN program suggested and uses Saunders 3rd edition NCLEX review guide, I have really enjoyed this guide and thought it was well done, but will it really prepare me for the NCLEX? Any other tips for NCLEX would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

I am the web master of the site above and so I keep up with the nclex very much. As a matter of fact, my seminar review was made because the nclex is now full of prioritizing and delegating due to the nursing shortage. The books just do not keep up with this.

As far as the new format questions yes, you may get a few of these as well. Here is the answer to your CPR example.

The nurse suspects that her client is in cardiac arrest According to the AHA, she should perform the actions listed below. Order these actions in the sequence that the nurse should do them.

1. Activate the emergency response system.
    2. Assess responsiveness.
    3. Call for a defibrillator.
    4. Provide two slow breaths
    5 .Assess pulse.
    6. Assess breathing.

Answer:
    2,1,3,6,4 and 5

Rationale:
    According to the AHA, the nurse should first assess responsiveness. If the client is unresponsive, she should activate the emergency response system, then call for a defibrillator. Next, she should assess breathing by opening the airway and then looking, listening, and feeling for respirations. If respirations aren't present, she should administer two slow breaths, then assess the carotid pulse. If no pulse is present, she should start chest compressions.

Go through my site, all kinds of free resources there.

Ultimate NCLEX Study Guide

Good luck and God bless

I can't register in your forum ......."Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum"

Question Re: The NCLEX has changed

Sorry to say I wished I saw this information before today as I took the NCLEX RN exam today & I was shocked about all the questions that had multiple answers. Does anyone know how these questions are scored, that is, when the question has 6 answers & it states...check all that apply. Do you get credit for answering some right or does it have to be all correct to get credit???. These questions made me nervous.

hello Fran:

You have to get all parts of the multiple new format questions correct. I have been on the internet helping students since 1997 and I go around on seminars and do public speaking so I really keep up on these things.

Just wait and see how you did. If you want, here is something else that may help you.

FREE Practice Nclex Questions and EXAMS - New Format Questions Included. caring4you NCLEX NCLEX Financial Aid Help Available

hang in there and God bless you. Keep us posted.

annelieseRN
    A problem I have been having is with the questions where you put the answers in order of importance. I know which order they are in but I don't know how to do the numbering. Ex. steps of CPR
    1.perform compressions
    2.open pt airway
    3.check carotid pulse
    How do you know if it goes 231 or 312?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

The drop down menu was implemented right after I took boards in '04. Some classmates had it, while others didn't. :rolleyes:

I ran into a problem while doing practice NCLEX-RN tests. I was wondering for the fill in the blanks with math problems, do you include units or not, because I got some right when I included units and some wrong when I did include units. Also as far as when you fill in the blank with lab values, different sources will give you slightly different ranges, usually +/- 1 on either side, so how are these questions graded? Thank You for any information.

Exclamation Re: The NCLEX has changed

Quote Originally Posted by syudent1010@aol.com View Post
    annelieseRN
    A problem I have been having is with the questions where you put the answers in order of importance. I know which order they are in but I don't know how to do the numbering. Ex. steps of CPR
    1.perform compressions
    2.open pt airway
    3.check carotid pulse
    How do you know if it goes 231 or 312?
    You simply have to remember the steps when you took your CPR course and what you did. The acceptable CPR is the one put out by the American Heart Association:

CPR illustrated in three simple steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast