:confused::mad::confused::mad:

Looking for help answering some questions or opinions/suggestions. TIA!!!

1. If a wound is unstagable due to slough or eschar but say the eschar is on a heel, dries up then peels off to be very superficial appearing as a Stage II, can it be a Stage II or must it be Stage III even if it isn't deep because you cannot have slough or eschar in a Stage II.

2. For SDTI that was purple and blister-like where the top layer of the blister opened up but the underlying tissue was still purple in color how would you stage it? Can it be staged? It no longer qualifies as SDTI because it is open (or can SDTI be open??) I thought it would be unstagable because I cannot visualize how deep the tissue damage goes, however there is no apparent slough or eschar. Depth wise it was very superficial like a Stage II, but with the purple color I assume it will progress deeper.

3. With the addition of SDTI I am confused on using the Push Tool as to a value for "Tissue Type" It is closed, but that seems misleading as it probably will open up and it doesn't really fit any of the other tissue types either. Along these lines, if a wound such as the one described in Question 2 were to be evaluated, what tissue type would that be? It isn't closed, the wound bed is purple, not deep granular, not slough, not eschar, but not pink shiny epithelial tissue either.