Thread: ATTN: RENO/SPARKS RN Travelers, Commuters, Professional

Thumbs up ATTN: RENO/SPARKS RN Travelers

I am a nurse traveler myself! I have a property manager to maintain the place & collect rent. Fully furnished townhouse. Masters bedroom, walk-in closet, private vanity, 1.5 bathrooms, washer & dryer, 1 car garage w/ auto opener. Great location. 10-15 mins fr downtown Reno, ALL THE HOSPITALS. Couples, a baby, a pet, security deposit ALL NEGOTIABLE. $1000+utils. No lease necessary. Ask for Aloha @ (775)762-2406

Re: ATTN: RENO/SPARKS RN Travelers, Commuters, Professional

If still available, what is the name of the complex it is at? What size bed (hoping for King size)....I am a first time travler, negotiating a contract in Reno. Can you tell me the pro's of getting your place -vs- using whatever apartment the agency hooks me up with?

Thank you,

Stormy

Thumbs up Re: ATTN: RENO/SPARKS RN Travelers

Yes, my place is still available. No, it's a full size but a queen can be arranged but if you really need a king we can talk about it.

Great question! Company provided VS finding your own (my townhouse) ?
    ANY CHANCE YOU CAN POCKET YOUR INCOME, YOU DO IT!!!

Your per diem (on-site living situation), housing & car stipends, living expenses that can be claimed on taxes, job-related expenses, etc. are part of your income that you may not think about because most of them has been pre-arranged by travel companies. That's nice & all, convenient, but some patience & a little time invested on some research will take you far as far as fattening up your bank account.

Here's a great example:

On my last assignment I took a very low hourly rate because 1) I wasn't planning for a lot of overtime 2) California is a hi-taxed state 3) I wanted to max out on what my company is willing to negotiate w/ me on my per diem/housing allowance = they offered me $3000.00/mo TAX FREE.

My husband is also a traveler w/ a completely different company outside healthcare. His housing is non-negotiable, take the hotel provided or you're on your own.

See where I'm heading to? I stayed w/ him in his hotel & I pocketed every penny of that 3 grand a month for many, many months.

So, if you can find your long lost aunt in Reno & pay her by shoveling her driveway for all the rest of the winter so you can sleep in her basement on an inflatable mattress & keep all the cash to yourself, DO IT!!!

If this is not the case, my house is your home away from home :-)

Call me or send me a message again for all the details about my home.

RNGoingPlaces