Thread: Illness .. can i still get into my nursing class .?

Illness .. can i still get into my nursing class .?

If your bi polar and the place where im going to go to school for finds out can that stop me from getting a job there?:confused:

Smile Re: Illness .. can i still get into my nursing class .?

You mean stop you from going to school? I'm thinking as long as your physician states that you are stable and that you are staying on your meds you'll do just fine. I'm also thinking that your medical info should be sealed? HEPA???......and besides, look at your nursing instructors, they got jobs. If you think that your instructors are free of mental disorders you may be seriously wrong or very blinde. We discovered later that our psych teach was a good at instructing about tardivedisconetia (spelling is probably off) because she had gone through it. My med surge instructor displayed very strongly borderline personality disorder and perhaps bipolar???? Whew her moods did swing and you'd better be quick to move out of her way. :eek: Can anyone relate?
    www.tahoecabinrentals.com/lakeviewcabin/
    short term leases for travel nurses

Re: Illness .. can i still get into my nursing class .?

I know I dont speak for everyone here BUT... there would be NO nurses if they did not hire because of mental illnesses. We are nurses because we are OCD and controlling, and for myself, add A.D.D. to that as well. If I had to work a 9-5 job where I did the same thing day in and day out I would lose my mind and the people around me would kill me! And yes, HIPPA would not allow people to know this anyway, unless of course you disclose it to them, or your doctor feels it would affect the patient care you provide.
    J. Smith, L.P.N