Thread: explain this please

explain this please

hi to all, hope you had a wonderful holiday!
    i recently found out that the NCBON has been dealing with "violations" of the Alternative Program contact (for 1st time diversions) differently with each nurse. in the contract it states that with each violation of the contract, such as, you are in the program then you divert again or have a positive drug screen, your lisence is to be revoked for 1 year...mandatory. the NCBON is not consistantly sticking to the contract. they are allowing some nurses with positive drug screens to keep their lisences, and revoking others. i know this because mine was revoked for a violation and a girl i worked with got to keep hers. she eventually got caught by our employer by falling asleep at the med station and not charting on her patients for 4 consecutive shifts, not to mention the 17 missing vials of dilaudid. i did some research, and the NCBON has been "picking and chosing" who they allow to keep their lisences and who's lisences they revoke even though they have specific guidlines to follow. the nurse i worked with got to keep hers because she was told she was so "close to completing her program"......so was i.
    i am trying so, SO hard not to let this upset me, but i know what they are doing is wrong. i have tried to talk to the coordinator about this and she keeps telling me "each violation is reviewed independently". but that is not what the contract states. she will not return my calls and told me that the decisions they make are final and she would not respond to any further e-mails to me. i just wanted to know why all cases weren't treated the same. i've been sober for almost 4 years now...i just didn't report something that i didn't even know i was supposed to report. and i am very proud of my sobriety.....no pills for 4 YEARS!!! but thank God i still have my life and my family. i may have lost my career and everything else, including my pride at one point, but i just wanted some feedback on what anyone thought about this matter, or could explain this to me.
    thanks,
    rlb

Re: explain this please

Unfortunately you don't have any control over how the BON disciplines individuals and if you try to protest they may see that as non-compliance with your treatment plan. I know it is tough to think you are being treated unfairly but try to focus on the serenity prayer..this is one of the things you CAN'T change and to stay on the path of recovery you must let it go and accept that. Good Luck
    lp