Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Spring Semester, 2008!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Happy Spring Semester, 2008!

For all of you new students, welcome to the thread! To all of you returning students. welcome back!

Re: Happy Spring Semester, 2008!

Hey! No students this semester? Or are classes starting later?

'Cat'

Lol, our first day back was Monday. This semester I'm in Med/surg with clinical, Pysch with clinical, Pharmacology, and a Success in Nursing course. The only complaint I have about now (besides all the reading and homework that I've blown off all week that's due tomorrow) is what exactly are psych clinicals going to be like. I dunno, right now it doesn't seem like an easy job to do being myself. I'm really just afraid that I'm going to unconsciously say or do something rude that's going to upset a patient.

I had Psych clinical and lectures and OB/Peds lectures. (Skipped clinical d/t being an LPN). Fun!

Don't sweat it....you'll learn quick. Keep us posted, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post

Keep us posted, eh?
    Not a problem

I think that for us next semester (our third semester) is when we'll be doing our peds and OB/GYN courses.

Yep, we've been in full swing here since the 7th. Going well so far. First exams of the semester Jan 28 and 29. I guess I should be more worried but I've done all my reading and then some, taken good notes and am simply going to be reviewing those. Should have this week's reading done later today or tomorrow so I'll have the rest of the week and the weekend for review. Should be ok.

So far I am enjoying everything but with the concurrent programs there is a lot of work to juggle, good practice for the real thing though

We just had our first Med-surg test yesterday. I'm pretty sure that's the worst test I've ever taken in my life. It's really with a morbid curiosity that I wonder about what I really made on it.

So how'd you do piecebypiece? I've had a solid start to the semester, and the program in general but it's a long 21 months still to go. 18 to the RN, 21 to the BSN. Ticking days off the calendar though.

We have a test in both the ADN and BSN programs tomorrow. Going to be a very long day. Both are big tests; each one is a quarter of the semester grade basically. Luckily, I've stayed on top of my reading, done all the labs and several open sessions and so now it's just a matter of reviewing and getting a good night's sleep tonight. Certainly won't be easy but it's not impossible, right

Cheated and spent Saturday with friends doing a river cleanup. Really nice. I wanted to get home earlier to start studying but at least all my upcoming assignments were done by Friday. We have skills checkoffs this week too. Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I'm not a little more freaked out. Just taking one step at a time.

Hope all is well with the other students. Good luck- Toddy

Welp, I did a lot better than I thought I would, but I definitely need to change something before the next test at the end of the month. I think I have it covered though; the instructor is going to hold a study group so that should make my life a little easier. Looking back on it, I've been wondering how much slacking off I've done so far this semester

Lol, when people ask me how I feel about an upcoming test I always tell them that I shouldn't be as worried as I should be!

Wink Re: Happy Spring Semester, 2008!

Congrats on surviving another one, piecebypiece.
    I've been pretty happy with my progress so far. Still waiting on one test score to come back but I think it should be ok. Busy week with all the tests and skills checkoffs. Next week should be just as busy and the week after that and come to think of it, ever week after that!!!:33:

It'll be ok though. Enjoyed playing hookey from the books this past Saturday. Had some unexpected free time today, though and I'm making up for Saturday with it. Best get back to the grind. Less than 30 days to Spring Break!! Yippeeee!!!- Toddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast